Which Fiberglass Trailers (Older) have bunks or two permanent beds? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1990 13 ft Casita DLX #6
Colorado
Which Fiberglass Trailers (Older) have bunks or two permanent beds?

I'm in the market for an older trailer and one main need are for a layout of two (permanent) beds either a set of bunks or parallel beds on either side. Don't need fridge/toilet/etc.
Losthwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Can't think of many older models with twin beds, and most of the bunk set-ups have fairly low weight limits on the top bunk (maybe 100#). One possibility is the Hunter Compact Jr. It has an extra large dinette, but I'm not sure whether it's long enough to work as twins. Casita makes a Liberty model that can be configured to make twins, but the few I've seen are newer, fully equipped, and not inexpensive.

Older 13' Bolers, Trilliums, Scamps, Casitas, Burros, and U-Hauls (and a few less-common knock-offs) have a dinette at the back that could serve as one of the beds and a sofa/bunk at the front that could serve as the other. Removing the upper bunk parts would make the front bed roomier for one person (I'd save the parts to include when you sell, since a lot of people do use the bunks, myself among them).
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
the casita 16 and 17 liberty are available with twin beds but they are probably going to be hard to find.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #4

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Brian, You're probably already aware of the ParkLiner, but if not, check them out. They haven't been out that long, so there aren't what most would call "older" units out there yet. But one can set the street side up with twin bunk beds rather than the side dinette, and then use the back of the camper for seating and eating rather than as the standard queen-sized bed. In a previous thread, a ParkLiner employee weighing around 200 lb said he personally tests each bunk bed, so it sounds like you should be safe up to that weight, at least. So you know, there have been some problems with an earlier production range of ParkLiners (I think somewhere late #020's to mid #040's?; tire rubbing in the wheel well, battery vapor in the cabin), but it seems the factory now has those problems solved in more recent production units and are making concerted efforts to fix those problems in affected units. For the most part, current ParkLiner owners are very satisfied, loyal owners. There is a ParkLiner chat room on this forum.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Here's what appears to be a nice example of a Hunter Compact Jr.
1972 Hunter Compact: | Hesperia, CA | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Don't see these come up too often. Looks like the dinette seats just might work as twin beds.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Lightbulb Casita Liberty or Fiber Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
the casita 16 and 17 liberty are available with twin beds but they are probably going to be hard to find.
Dudley is correct, although I wouldn't say they are especially difficult to find; they are just not as plentiful as Casita Spirit models.
You may have to wait for one to be available.
Liberty | Exterior
Liberty | Schematic

Another trailer to consider is the Fiber Stream.
Attached Thumbnails
curbside.jpg   Floorplan_corrected.jpg  

Old 08-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #7

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1990 13 ft Casita DLX #6
Colorado
Steep learning curve on what is out there. BTW just sold my Aliner so I'm committed to an egg.
Losthwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
Steep learning curve on what is out there. BTW just sold my Aliner so I'm committed to an egg.
Look at all the names on the home page, there are that many and more. Most are orphan brands, but if you gain the name knowledge you'll know what it is when you see it posted for sale!

Good luck on your egg hunt
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote