Who has original scamp overhead cabinets. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #15

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Dylan Nice photo work. And joy thanks for the Measurenents. I'm starting to think this might not work. Darn escape hatch. LOL. Really wanted to position it as close to the back bed/dinette as possible

As for my trip hoping to set out towards Santa Barbara fri nite. Might actually happen if I don't cut this fan in Still need to handle the 12v wiring in my tow vehicle and attach the running lights on the trailer. Ain't exactly pretty yet but should work good !

Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #16

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
call scamp and they can tell you exactly.
in m,y case i have a roof air and a fantastic fan. i only got a fron cabinet overhead and was told that was good because otherwise we would have a space issue.
so as in all things scamp....call scamp,,, they are great folks and will give you the right answer.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #17

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Jimbo, You say your hatch is just rear of center, what do the front/back edges of the hatch line up with?

If it's center-ish, you probably can fit the vent behind it, but depends on how "slightly to the rear" it is.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #18

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2069545449.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	50296

Here is a shot. So not really "center" I think the scamp cabinets are either 17 or 19 inches. Now I need to do the math.....
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #19

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Perhaps the original owner specified that position, but if I was Scamp, even if ordered without a fan, I'd have left more room on one side or the other for future fan installs.

I think you should be able to fit a fan in behind, but it'll be a tight fit. Are your front/rear overheads on order? Or just something you want to leave room for down the line? Personally, I'd be very nervous putting in that fan based on internet measurements! Can't tell you how many times I've made assumptions on my current remodel only to have to modify my plan once I'm actually putting things in place. And I have everything in one workshop!

Tags
scamp