Will chrysler 2016 minivan rear hatch swing up and open with trailer attached - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #15
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Thanks for the advice! We've looked at the links and once my husband gets the floor redone we'll move on to doing something about the jack/rear door situation. He refused to let me order anything now as we're tossing money like water into this trailer. On the other hand, it's a little like getting married--you get to pick out all new things. Only you don't get others to throw you a shower--you have to fund it yourself.

Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:59 AM   #16
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Kai, if it's marine or RV it's expensive, just the way it is . You've heard the saying for boats...break out another thousand.

Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:03 AM   #17
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I had clearance problems when I switched minivan tow vehicles. My 2006 Toyota Sienna tailgate would clear the jack but the 2011 Sienna will not. This is with the same hitch and trailer. My Bigfoot had a gifted Casita jack that was 14 1/2" tall from deck to the top of the folded handle. I replaced the jack with a Ultra-Tow #44067 from Northern Tool that is 11" tall. Problem solved for $40.

1980 Bigfoot 17' & 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:39 AM   #18
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Well, it's not as bad as boats, aka, "A hole in the water that you throw money into", but start-up $$$ for most projects will seem that way. Just don't let anyone start counting labor as a cost..... lol

But your idea of throwing "Trailer Showers" sounds like a great idea. I will be sure you get invited to mine.....
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #19
Name: denny
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 layout 3
Anyone towing Casita or Scamp with Chrysler/Dodge minivan?

Responces helpful but need to hear from someone towing a Casita 17 or any Scamp 13 or 16 trailer or someone who might know if the rear hatch can swing up to open despite hitch/tongue jack pole when hooked to these or similar trailers. I will be using an load equalizer hitch to reduce tongue weight.
denny w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #20
Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
I have a 2008 Chrysler T&C and a 2008 13' Scamp. And, no.

monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #21
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Hi, Borrego Dave and Bob Miller--Borrego, hadn't heard that quote, but right now it feels like it'd make a good embroidery project to hang up in the little cash pit...Bob, I'll come to your trailer shower if you'll come to mine! We seem to be registered at about 15 stores right now!
(wish lists, amazon, camping world, marine supply, ikea, northern tool, grainger, harbor freight...heck, looks like I can't even afford capital letters!) 8) (me, smiling, with glasses on.)

oh, well, break out another thousand!

Kai in Seattle

Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote