Window Blinds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Name: KATHERINE
Trailer: Casitas 16' Liberty
CA
Window Blinds

We just purchased a 2008 Liberty with no window coverings. We ordered mini-blinds from Casitas and want to hang them. There is currently nothing to hang them from. It appears that there was once an "L" bracket that connected to the top window frame in a couple of places. Is that accurate? If so, where can I get these brackets? Casitas doesn't have them in their "store" to purchase.
The heads of the screws around the window appear to be square. How would we go about unscrewing these to add the "L" bracket? Are these rivets? If so, I don't see caps on the exterior where they come through to the outside.
Thanks for your help!
KatherineW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Our Casita SD had blinds that were in bad shape so we ordered new ones from Casita. I don't remember just why but I made new L brackets from aluminum angle that is available at Lowes or Home Depot or other hardware stores. Another thing I don't recall is if the blinds came with the stretchy straps that go on a screw at the bottom of the window frame to hold the blinds against the window. One strap at each end of the blinds. Stretch strap material can be found in a fabric store. As for the screws, get a bit driver kit that has all kinds of bits to fit various type screw heads. I have one I got at Sears, Harbor Freight should have them, also other hardware stores. Mine is a 6 x 6 inch plastic box with dozens of bits.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #3

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
Call Casita's office and ask for service/parts. Tell them what you need and they should be able to send you the parts. They sell a lot of items which are not on their store website.

If you are missing the elastic straps which go at each end of the bottom blind assembly, they probably have that also.

good luck....jon
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote