window gasket - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hello everyone!
I just noticed that the rubber gasket around my two little windows (over sink, and on door) needs to be replaced. This piece of rubber actually fits over the metal edge of the window, and fits snugly next to the glass. The window is oval, and the rubber appears to have shrunk.
Sooooo, where do I get some? The places I have checked on-line offer all kinds of gaskets (with pictures of their "profiles
but none are right.
The trailer is an '77 Boler.
Thanks in advance, Marjie
PS: soon I will have a report on my new awning....but I will have to keep you in suspense awhile longer.....
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Marji, see if something on ... page 3 or 4 or 5 ?? of this PDF helps: PDF Catalog

It's from Interstate Metal Fabricators online catalog found on the Window and Window parts page of the Helpful Links
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
That is known as "backframe gasket" and is available from www.vintagetrailersupply.com I've been wanting to order some, but it's only available in a roll that would do many trailers, and is a bit pricey, so I've been holding off ($40 for a 24' roll, when a pair of windows would probably take about 5 feet in total - so 4 or 5 trailers could be done with one order). I tried to find the same profile elsewhere, by the foot, with no luck.

It's here:

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Hehr_S..._p/vts-199x.htm

Marjie, now that I'm replying I can't see your location, but perhaps we could go in on an order (I had figured that I might order a full roll and then see if others wanted to buy some from me).

Edit: I see now you are in NY. PM me if you might want to work something out (or anyone else!)

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #4

New York
HI, thanks for your help....
Donna, the info you sent might be the best. I have to get a piece of the gasket to check the size and shape. My trailer is not parked at my house, so I can't run out and take a look.
Raya, I had also checked out Vintage Trailer supply. The gasket you mentioned is the wrong type. The one I am talking about is very thin, and fits between the window glass and the metal frame, not between the frame and trailer. Thanks anyway!
I appreciate your help, Marjie
Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Hehr_S..._p/vts-195x.htm
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood (reading quickly on a limited wi-fi connection).

Kevin posted the correct one. Of course I need THAT one too, and it's also sold in really long rolls (compared to what we need).

I may have seen that one by the foot at Interstate Metal; can't remember right now. Since I need the backframe gasket too (going to re-bed the windows), I'll probably just order from Vintage. If I do I imagine I'll post the extra for sale here.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #7

New York
Kevin61,
That's it!!!
Thank you sooo much! I did look at that webiste, but didn't find it. My "searching" skills are not that good sometimes.

Raya, I would be happy to split a roll with you. Let me go measure what I need, and I will PM you. Color grey?
Marjie