Window Part Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Hi there. I tried to order my various window gaskets from VTS but they are out of stock of some so i will wait. I do need help identifying this window hardware though. I just read donna's link to the interstate metal fabricators and have looked at the VTS ones but am not sure which one is the proper one or if they both will do. Here is the VTS set http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/835_Ph...r_p/vts-846.htm
Here is the IMF one http://www.interstatemetals.com/cat_windows2.htm (the 4800 left glass clip 1/2 way down page)
Also, does anyone know where to get the small grey tubing that holds the screen in, or what else can be used if its unavailable? (see pic)
Finally, photos of my broken one are attached. Not the greatest pics but i hope most people have the same window hardware. too bad the gaskets are out of stock at VTS. looks like those windows wont be fixed by july. oh well. Thanks a lot for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
003.JPG   004.JPG  

005.JPG  
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cindi, I don't even know what I'm looking at, and certainly wouldn't assume these people have what you need, but check out this site too... Gasket Material
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
The window screen spline can be had at any hardware store. Take along your piece to get the right size.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cindi H...The screen spline is usually avail. at Ace Hdw. or a good building supply store. The fine spline might be a little more rare. They also have spline tools to roll/press the screen& spline into the frame. Looks like the L.& R.hand frame brackets are broken. These make the hinge that allows the window panes to open and close. I have seen them in Ace as well but that was in Florida where a lot of mobile homes have Jalousie style windows.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Cyndi,

Okay, I don't think the "glass holders" apply to our windows. You know how in some airstreams and Florida type houses, the jalousie windows are like individual panes of glass, all in a row but somewhat frameless on the edges? I think those are the ones that use the clips on the ends, vs. ours which are in a complete window frame.

Now, is your broken part that kind of long "triangular" dark grey metal piece in the photo? Maybe the little peg at the top is broken? If so, those are the #835 "Phillips Hinges" from VTS ($5.99 per pair). At least those are what are on mine, which seem to be "run of the mill" Boler jalousies (dinette ones).

Click image for larger version

Name:	hehr_phillips_hinge.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	28784

Note that there is a similar hinge that has "Hehr" in the name, but at least on my windows, the Phillips ones match and not the other ones.

Screen spline: Pellandent has "Hehr Screen Spline, that they show as being round and .095 in diameter. Check yours, but that might be the one. It's "model #" H110-327 and is .51 (per foot, I imagine).

Click image for larger version

Name:	hehr_spline.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	28785

Here is the link to it:

http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Produc...?ProductID=5461

I am just about to order a bunch of reconditioning parts for my windows, and once I get them and make sure they are right, I was planning to make a post showing all the different ones, with part numbers and where I found them (hope VTS is not out of them for long - given what you said). However, if you want to compare notes on some of the other seals before then, just pop me a PM.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
The window screen spline can be had at any hardware store. Take along your piece to get the right size.
Awesome! thanks. i wouldnt have even known what it was called. I'll have to take the screen in b/c i cant even get a sample out in one piece, it crumbles.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Cindi, I don't even know what I'm looking at, and certainly wouldn't assume these people have what you need, but check out this site too... Gasket Material
thanks for the link. i'll compare the profile to the VTS one. (i actually havent seen mine b/c it crumbles when i try to get a piece off) I find it hard to tell
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Hi: cindi H...The screen spline is usually avail. at Ace Hdw. or a good building supply store. The fine spline might be a little more rare. They also have spline tools to roll/press the screen& spline into the frame. Looks like the L.& R.hand frame brackets are broken. These make the hinge that allows the window panes to open and close. I have seen them in Ace as well but that was in Florida where a lot of mobile homes have Jalousie style windows.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Yeah, it broke at the very top just below where the round peg goes into the side of the frame. I wonder if the right type of glue would hold it? Maybe aluminum can be soldered? I have a gun...........
Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Hi Cyndi,

Okay, I don't think the "glass holders" apply to our windows. You know how in some airstreams and Florida type houses, the jalousie windows are like individual panes of glass, all in a row but somewhat frameless on the edges? I think those are the ones that use the clips on the ends, vs. ours which are in a complete window frame.

Now, is your broken part that kind of long "triangular" dark grey metal piece in the photo? Maybe the little peg at the top is broken? If so, those are the #835 "Phillips Hinges" from VTS ($5.99 per pair). At least those are what are on mine, which seem to be "run of the mill" Boler jalousies (dinette ones).

Attachment 28784

Note that there is a similar hinge that has "Hehr" in the name, but at least on my windows, the Phillips ones match and not the other ones.

Screen spline: Pellandent has "Hehr Screen Spline, that they show as being round and .095 in diameter. Check yours, but that might be the one. It's "model #" H110-327 and is .51 (per foot, I imagine).

Attachment 28785

Here is the link to it:

http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Produc...?ProductID=5461

I am just about to order a bunch of reconditioning parts for my windows, and once I get them and make sure they are right, I was planning to make a post showing all the different ones, with part numbers and where I found them (hope VTS is not out of them for long - given what you said). However, if you want to compare notes on some of the other seals before then, just pop me a PM.

Raya
Thanks. i was pretty sure that it was the 835. I think it's in stock, but they are out of both gaskets and a seal i want so i will have to wait. shipping is too expensive. it's certainly not the best website ive seen. a bit confusing. oh well, they have the product. It's a shame to have to buy 24 feet of each. i havent measured my stove window but i bet it's about 1 1/2. i'll be selling the rest i guess. Great xmas gifts! (what i would want anyway)
Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
...but they are out of both gaskets and a seal i want so i will have to wait.
Oh rats, and here I was about to order. Did they give you any idea when they would be back in stock?

I'll probably call them myself, too, but... can't hurt to compare info.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Oh rats, and here I was about to order. Did they give you any idea when they would be back in stock?

I'll probably call them myself, too, but... can't hurt to compare info.

Raya
The lady i spoke to told me to click the 'i want to be notified of back order' box below the order. i forget exactly where it was but i have an order page ready to go, only it wont total the items out of stock on the list. she also took my request on the phone b/c i was having trouble with the site. i think she said a few weeks, that they were having trouble with their supplier. i'm very grateful that they are not crucial to my windows repairs. the stove window can leak all it wants, its far from the bed and easy to duct tape! I cant wait till the windows are in and i can post pics-they are so shiny.