windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 Captain
Hello, does anyone know where I can find a front window for a captain trailer (1983)?
Bryan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Bryan

We have several members who owns a Captain or Cadet trailer. We've discussed replacing the front window on the Cadet. Seems it's going to be an arduous task to find one this side of the pond. Here's a couple of links you may want to read. Contained in each topic you'll find more info not only about the window, but info about your unique trailer:
New Cadet Owner
1986 Cadet Fiberglass front window replacement., Can anyone point me in the right direction?
13 foot 1985 Cadet for sale
He gutted the trailer!
Found Treasure
What i found on the wall
Cadet update
New to Us Cadet
1987 Cadet 13'
Check out the albums:
Captain Album
Cadet Album
and we have an owners manual in the Document Center:
Captain/Cadet/Caravan owners manual

Whew
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #3

Trailer:
I phoned up the British agents for Niewiadow caravans (who made the Cadet and Captain caravans/trailers in Poland, I believe) and they quoted GBP 225 (British pounds) for a Cadet front window, excluding shipping - that's about US$ 340 or CAN$ 425 at today's exchange rate (next week's rate could be different!).

I think the Captain has a bigger window, plus you then have to add the shipping which is very expensive from here to North America - at least $200.

A Canadian Cadet owner has had a quote for shipping a window in the last couple of weeks and declined to order when told how much!

Andrew
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #4

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
You might try checking with the people building and selling T[at]B trailers in the US. If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing in the photos - they use the same kind of plastic double glazed awning windows as the Cadet. One of their windows might be the same size (or close enough).

Also, there's always eBay and the RV salvage places. It won't be a match - but front windows with rock guards are available in a variety of sizes. Bound to be able to find one you can make work.

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows