Winter my Converter and my water system? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Winter my Converter and my water system?

This will be my first winter with a FGRV that has a converter and a water system.
So can I just leave the trailer plugged in and let the smart converter keep the battery up?
As I understand it my 2007 Eggcamper has a converter that does not over charge the battery and reconditions it.
I think I understand how to winterize my water system drain all the water and then fill every thing except the fresh water tank with the pink stuff. I do not have a hot water bypass. It also looks to me that the shower drain holds quite a bit of water in it should I just pour antifreeze down that (and the sink) until the trap look full?
Thanks !
Jason
Old 09-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
When we had two RVs and left one home for the winter we kept it plugged in and allowed the converter to keep the batteries charged. The batteries in our motorhome were still going strong after 14 years. When we returned in the spring the water level would be down a little, we added distilled water and everything was fine.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Thanks Norm!!!!!!!