Winter Storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

Name: james
Trailer: scamp
Washington
Exclamation Winter Storage

I live in a area of high rainfall and cool temps. What would be the best way to keep my scamp from getting damp inside. I have people say they put in these dri eze devices or putting a light bulb on. What are other people using?
jhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I use a small electric dehumidifier in Oregon, and reworked the collection tank with a hose so it just drains into the sink.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Dir-Z-Air is very inexpensive and does the job. I put a small electric heater inside and keep the inside temperature between 40° and 50°F. MY trailer is stored under a carport so I can keep the vent open a bit and a window. This has worked well for me for the past 8 years.
Dri-Z-Air is available almost everywhere, even Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
DRIUNIT-LRG.JPG  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
And, you can buy the same crystals in a gallon container for much less than the little packets that Dry-Z-Air sells.
I have two in my 17 foot.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Jim living in Vancouver BC my trailer also has to but up with *lots* of rain and cool temps.
Dry Z Air works. Also take out a much of the soft/fabric items and putting your cushions on their edge & leave the fridge door open as well as cupboard doors.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Jim living in Vancouver BC my trailer also has to but up with *lots* of rain and cool temps.
Dry Z Air works. Also take out a much of the soft/fabric items and putting your cushions on their edge & leave the fridge door open as well as cupboard doors.
Carol, I don't bother with taking stuff out. Clothes, cushions, sleeping bags, etc. are left in the trailer so it's ready go all the time. The fridge is running all the time so it's already cold. The fresh water tank is full, propane tank is full. Add a few clothes and a bit of food and we're off. One of nice things about the trailer is winter camping. We've camped in Oregon every month of the year, which was a bit more difficult when we were tenting.