Winterizing Scamp 19' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Escape Trailers
Massachusetts
Winterizing Scamp 19'

If I've drained the freshwater, black-water, and gray-water tanks and blown the water out of the water heater, is it necessary to put antifreeze into the system other than to pour 1/2 gallon or so into the black and gray-water tanks?

Thanks,

David
Stretcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Currently a thread going called Parkliner Winterization which you may want to read - winterizing of all brands of trailers have some very common dynamics.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The only other place that might need some antifreeze would be the shower drain to the pipes that pump water to the grey tank.
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
When you put the antifreeze into the shower drain dont forget to turn on the shower floor pump for a couple of seconds. Also dump some down the kitchen sink - the P trap may be holding some water. One thing I forget to do is the shower head. Dont know why but even after draining out the whole system sometimes if I take the shower head down low, turn it on and shake it, a bit of water comes out - you may not have that problem using the air blow out system but you never know. If you can use your air gun to blow out the hot water tank after it is drained - due to the design of them they do not drain out totally. Past owner of my trailer had tank damage one winter even though he had drained it. I leave the drain cap off of mine in the winter - as a just in case precaution.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #5

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
[QUOTE=Stretcher;426251]If I've drained the freshwater, black-water, and gray-water tanks and blown the water out of the water heater, is it necessary to put antifreeze into the system other than to pour 1/2 gallon or so into the black and gray-water tanks?

Thanks,

In my new 96 Scamp I never used antifreeze the first year and the large diameter screen filter before the pump held some water and froze and broke the filter body is larger than the line and is impossible to drain or blow out and will colect water . the only answer is a smll amount of anti freeze.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp