Wireless Camera needs a better antenna - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #1

Name: Andy
Trailer: Escape
New York
Wireless Camera needs a better antenna

The title says it all. I have a TADI brothers wireless camera on my 21' escape. It is mounted on the rear light and I have problems with intermittent reception. I am looking for better antennas for either the transmitter or receiver to improve reception and am wondering if this antenna, https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...xtension-cable , from TADI Brothers might do the trick if I mount it on the roof of my Escape, or if there is a better option.
AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
I tried a wireless camera on our Boler 1700. I put the camera inside at the back window and ran the cable to the front of the trailer so I would have a shorter distance between the transmitter and receiver.
There was still too much interference as I run it as a rear view camera. I ended up hard wiring it.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I had a Tadi Brothers wireless camera on my Escape 17B, and ran a cable from the camera to the front of the trailer, where I placed the transmitter. Never had a drop out problem.

I currently have an Escape 21 with the factory installed Rear View Safety camera, a model that has a built in transmitter in the camera's case. I was skeptical since the distance was much longer than with the previous system, but I've never had the video dropout. At times, the refresh rate seems to slow down, but never enough to be a problem.

If the antenna you referenced will work with your camera, moving it to the front of the trailer should make a good improvement. I've found Tadi Brothers good to work with - if it doesn't do the trick I suspect you would be able to return it.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
The title says it all. I have a TADI brothers wireless camera on my 21' escape. It is mounted on the rear light and I have problems with intermittent reception. I am looking for better antennas for either the transmitter or receiver to improve reception and am wondering if this antenna, https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...xtension-cable , from TADI Brothers might do the trick if I mount it on the roof of my Escape, or if there is a better option.
Check with Tadi Brothers. They are good to work with and can steer you the right way. Your system should not blank out if it is rated for the distance. Maybe it is faulty so check before you buy more items. Mine works great on my motor home. It is rated for 75 ft.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Also moved my TADI transmitter to the front of my 21; brought the wires up behind the padded drivers side bed corner and mounted the transmitter underneath the front shelf in case I ever need to replace it.

No issues in 4 years - about 10 ft to the receiver I taped to the rear window of the truck (VHB tape.)

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote