Wiring Issue in u-haul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: u-haul 13ct
Virginia
Registry
Wiring Issue in u-haul

I just bought a ct13 and replaced the burned out florescent light over the closet with a light from an rv dealer that has a plug to add a bunk light. Once the light was installed it lit great but then I plugged in the bunk light and they all lit for a second then blew out. Is there a fuse box somewhere I can't find, or any ideas. Now I cant get either to work. Everything else seems fine, (hood light, furnace fan, etc.)
lanegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The fuses are inside the inverter door. Unscrew the nut at the top and the cover folds down.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tom: Look at Brooke's reply in the other topic, sounds like she has a different setup. Mine is like yours, inside the inverter. Apparently there were changes made over the manufacturing life of these trailers.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #4

Virginia
Registry
thanks

You were exactly right the fuses were in the inverter box although the door was on the side. well labeled thanks for the advice
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00052.jpg   DSC00050.jpg  

Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #5

Virginia
Registry
I borrowed the fuse from the hood fan and everything worked great. guess Im headed to autozone for some replacements. How do you like the allure floor I just installed, were extatic about it. The carpet we tore out was horrible. I love this forum/site thanks so much. Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegr8 View Post
How do you like the allure floor I just installed, were extatic about it. The carpet we tore out was horrible. I love this forum/site thanks so much. Thanks

The floor looks great! I just replaced the carpet in my old Boler 1700 with a "pergo-type" laminate because - well - lets be honest - who's the "brain surgeon" who thought carpet was a good idea in a trailer?
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #7

Virginia
Registry
No kidding some camper designer is in hell right now with an evil grin petting his long haired dog wishing he was on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
qqqqqq.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #8

Virginia
Registry
Carpet in a camper, HA. We barely have carpet in our house. (P.S. Thanks Tom You're The Man.)

Tags
u-haul