wiring to the converter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
wiring to the converter

Okay Folks, I need a little insight here. I usually photograph everything as I disassemble but I must have missed this. I am wanting to re-attach the wiring to the converter and I know the answer is simple but I don't want to do this wrong.
the Allanson converter has 3 wires on the 12 volt side. Blue, White, Red. the red connects to the positive terminal (so in my set up a black wire - which has been consistent throughout). the white and Blue complete the 12 volt load circuits. So here is the question:
1 - does the white from the battery negative terminal connect to the white wire in the converter?
2 - on the load circuit side (my lights are wired with white and black with white being -), I am assuming the white connects to the white in the converter (and the black load circuit wire connects to the blue?).
3 - essentially I guess I need to know which wire connects to the Blue wire to complete the load circuit?

here are a couple of pics, because everyone loves pics and hopefully they clarify my questions. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
WIN_20150602_103507.jpg   WIN_20150602_100906.jpg  

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
red, white and blue...;)

the blue wire goes to your "unfiltered" DC circuits (powered by converter)
the red goes to the battery (positive)
the white is the ground (negative)
click on the pics for larger view
Attached Thumbnails
elecp6.jpg   elecr3.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #3

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Thanks Francois, that was what I needed. I know it seems silly to ask but I just needed to be sure. Wired it up this morning and it all worked great.
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote