Writing on plexiglass window - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #15
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Please let us know what , if anything works. I know olive oil is great on leather and if it works here, it would be good to know.

Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #16
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Originally Posted by ChriSarah View Post
Maybe that's what the PO used... The writing definitely isn't thin, like a Sharpie. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they used a bar of soap - that's the width of each number and it is sort of a whitish, cloudy colour.

So, things to try, Plexus, olive oil, toothpaste, Magic Eraser, Deep Woods Off!! Lots of suggestions! The neighbours are going to think I've gone crazy!!
They very likely used a "Window Marker", they are made for drawing decorations on glass windows. Easy to find at the stores. They do come in the color white as well as other colors. Here is a link for how to remove that stuff. http://www.crayola.com/faq/stain-rem...as-or-mirrors/

Don't use the Magic Eraser, it is too abrasive and can scratch the plexi. I use a Magic Eraser to remove heavy oxidation on fiberglass but if you rub too hard it will sand through a gel coat.

If after trying the recommended cleaning procedure you still have a problem....
Go to your local auto parts store and pick up one of the kits made for cleaning up plastic head light and tail light covers. It should do the trick without doing any harm and the leftover product will be useful for polishing up your tail lights so they shine brightly. Always good to get further use out of something you buy rather than just a one time deal where you don't use it all up.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #17
Name: Carl
Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
In last resort, add a couple zeros to the written price, then brag about the very expensive trailer you just purchased!
Carl V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #18
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
Originally Posted by Carl V View Post
In last resort, add a couple zeros to the written price, then brag about the very expensive trailer you just purchased!
Ha, Ha! I like that last recommendation best!

When we were married, 100 years ago, "Just Married" was written on our back window with shaving cream. Seems innocent enough, but the window ended up finely etched so that in the San Francisco fog we could see the words clearly!

The Gleeful Glamper
Gilda (Jill-da)
"Here we go again on another amazing adventure"
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote