Yamaha iPower 2000 generator - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #41

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I have only used my air in campgrounds with hook ups, never used gen for air. If i leave my dog in trailer, windows are cracked open and fantastic fan is on, along with another small fan running. Am parked in shade. Trailer does not get as hot as a car. If we want to stop for a quick lunch break i move my dog into the trailer and turn the fans on. I do not camp much in the hot summer months, and always camp in a forest area where it is cooler. I would not leave dog in real hot weather, he then comes with us if that happens. Wife shops i find the nearest bench with the dog in tow, we happy. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by margeleept View Post
Thanks for the link to scamadviser. I hadn't heard about that site before. Their report looks very concerning, but I am going to keep my fingers crosssed and hope that this is just a new site trying to do a legit business.
I have received a refund notice from kikimart, no explanation. But the generator is now listed at $695, go figure.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #43

Name: Marge
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlson View Post
I have received a refund notice from kikimart, no explanation. But the generator is now listed at $695, go figure.
I got the refund notice, too. I'm very relieved. I tossed and turned all night for fear that I'd fallen for a scam. I'd rather buy the lesser one from Costco and know I have a real place to return it if needed.

Steve, it could be listed at $695 because it was just a 1 day sale? But so odd that they refunded us without a word. They also still have that bogus "only 11 in stock and going fast" counter active.

I just checked with my credit card company and the refund isn't there yet, but they said that it usually takes a couple of days. They also said I won't be held responsible if this is a scam. Another big relief! I'm also wondering if they're using this tactic to steal credit card numbers? Steve, I'd watch your credit card closely in the next few days and I'm going to do the same.
margeleept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #44

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by margeleept View Post
I just checked with my credit card company and the refund isn't there yet, but they said that it usually takes a couple of days. They also said I won't be held responsible if this is a scam. Another big relief! I'm also wondering if they're using this tactic to steal credit card numbers? Steve, I'd watch your credit card closely in the next few days and I'm going to do the same.
Yes always use a credit card for this type transaction - never debit cards or anything that does not offer fraud protection.

Yes, they have your credit card number, and even if they don't use it, whoose to say that some one there won't sell the list to a fraudster. You wont be liable but its still a pain to deal with. Hope you have a back-up credit card from a different bank or company.

I made a purchase for dog medicine from a site I thought was OK, but right after the purchase I got suspicious and canceled the order and researched the site's IP address.. turned out they were not in the county they claimed to be in. My primary concern was the meds would be fake. I called my bank and asked them to void the card and send me a replacement, just to be safe.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #45

Minnesota
Registry
Yeah I'm going to keep an eye on it. I wasn't super worried about it because of the credit card fraud protection, but still didn't want the pain of scrambling to fix any issues.

If nothing else my card expires soon!
Old 03-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #46

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
c/c use

I once bought an expensive camera in the meantime of the purchase the seller went broke. I didn't know it the camera was a hard to find one I thought is was on backorder or something.

after 30 days of not arriving I called the c/c company they gave me a refund I don't know how they got that one done but they did.

c/c companies can also go belly up I once owned a store I piled up a bunch of air miles like 800k. we took a free trip while on it I attempted to use the card for something and the c/c outfit had went bankrupt.

I had to pay my balance and lost a bunch of airmiles.

strange things happen

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #47

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Check out Jet.com as an alternative to using just Amazon as your sole source.

To compete with Amazon and survive is not easy. Jet.com is owned by WalMart, a mom & pop outfit from Arkansas. In competing against Amazon, I wish them well.

Amazon won't let me park in their lot overnight for free, like WalMart.

Some of you recall companies like Wards, Sears, Best Products, or Circuit City.

Sometimes Jet is very competitive, others not.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:04 PM   #48

Minnesota
Registry
Took a look at jet.com, that website has a looong way to go to catch up to Amazon, many of the listing just don't have enough information to make a decision. But it's good to know about alternatives.

If you live near a Menards store (regional home store based in Wisconsin) they are having an "11% off of everything sale", which includes generators. They have the same Westinghouse WH2200iXLT for $479 (just like the jungle), making it $426 and change after rebate.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #49

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
... Some of you recall companies like Wards, Sears, Best Products, or Circuit City. ...
We still have a very small neighborhood Sears (limited selection of mostly appliances and tools), but I do miss Circuit City and Radio Shack.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #50

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Sear's current owner (a hedge fund 'wizard' who acquired and merged Kmart and Sears and apparently has no idea how to run retail) thinks he can turn Sears into an Amazon...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #51

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
i keek wondering

I too keep wondering how much longer eddie lamberts cash can hold out he is loosing millions to billions every year on sears and kmarts.

he has ruined sears maybe the realestate can make him money but in our town a huge macys closed and no tenants in sight!

it appears he has went on some sort of ego trip in the retail world and a whole lot of people are going to lose out.

sad story

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #52

Name: Marge
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
My refund from kikimart finally posted to my account, so I guess they just posted something they couldn't provide by accident. I went ahead and got the generator from Costco and hope it works. I did use my Costco credit card so the warranty is extended. Next step is to see if I can start the AC with it! Thanks for the input, everyone
margeleept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #53

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Back to the question. A REAL Yamaha 2000 is not as good as the Honda eu2000i at starting an AC.
But both are over their rated "surge" wattage.

There was an independent online review by a guy looking for a small unit that would fit inside a storage compartment oh his trailer while traveling. Without his three generators he bought for his testing were a Honda 2000, the above mentioned Westinghouse and the first generation Harbor Freight 2000 unit.
His camper had a 15k BTU AC and none would start his AC without the Micro Air Easy Start.
With the Easy Start the Westinghouse came in first followed close by the Honda and the HF unit still floundered. I have no connection with Micro Air other then a satisfied user.

I had a Generac 2200 that would operate my Dometic Brisk air 7,150 btu AC reluctantly. Next was my Honda and above 90f it had big time trouble even with echo OFF.
With the Easy Start even with the Eco ON the Honda has no problem at all over 90f.
The Easy Start stretches out the surge current before starting the compressor that is normally all at once.

It comes in two different models depending on your ability to your electrical ability and space constraints.
https://www.microair.net/products/ea...nt=30176048267

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #54

Name: Dillon
Trailer: Thinking really hard
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
rumor has it that Honda is out with a 2200w model enough to start an a/c but 1k in price

bob
As a point of amusement Silk (Amazon's Fire browser) put an ad for exact unit above your post. Maybe Big Brother is looking at a FGRV.
dmpyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #55

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Reviving this thread as Costco now has a second generator with a Yamaha engine, this one is a 3000 watt model (more AC friendlY) for $1199. With the cost of a similar Honda unit of almost $2000, this is pretty interesting to me.

Typically when you buy an item at costco with your costco credit card, you get an extended warranty, not sure on this one. Only one review, but there are more reviews on this unit on the web.

https://www.costco.com/Atima-2600-wa...100400514.html
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #56

Name: Perry
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
California
Registry
Buy and return if it doesn't work out

I saw the generator at Costco a few weeks back and caught my eye with the Yamaha engine. With Costco's great return policy I would not hesitate purchase this one and try it out with your air conditioner and if not satisfied get a refund. I have the Honda EU2000i and it has no problem during starting when we turn on the a/c on our '07 SD. It seems much loader than the claimed decibels and can even run on ECO-mode once it's working under load but still pretty loud, but I have not measured the decibels to confirm.
EggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #57

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
I believe this is a review of the Yamaha powered...

Atima 3000 mentioned a couple posts back. He has reviewed a handful of generators. Don't miss the comments, or the cigar test.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:34 AM   #58

Name: Chris
Trailer: In the market
ACT
If you're interested in 3000W+ have you looked at the Champion models? They have several for less than $1k including one seemingly designed for RVs (the Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready).
All depends on how much value you ascribe to the better known brands such as Yamaha and Honda (and are willing to pay this value)...
chris2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator