Yippppppheeeee!!!!!! She Fits in the garage!!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Yippppppheeeee!!!!!! She Fits in the garage!!!!!

A little air out of the tires trick and she slid right in! Our 07 Scamp came with one of those boomerang style TV antennas and would not slide in garage despite the 8' tall door. It didn't look like it would even come close to fitting and I didn't want to damage it trying to roll it fast over the small slope in front of the door. I took out the air and used the winch on my ATV to pull it slowly as wife watched clearance. Had room to spare. I thought about tearing off the antenna but they are pricey and maybe someday when we are on the road a TV might be nice (That is if they still broadcast in a few years, who knows what's next).

I want my wife's baby out of the elements when not in use. We are going to have this for a very long time so gotta take care of it. I still am just going to get a set of junky old steel rims and just remove the tires as an option though. I have shop air, hose reel, impact wrench and a jack right by the door so it's no big deal to just change them out or let air out of the tires. Whatever is easiest on the day I need to move it.

Sorry for the excitement I show but it was really bothering me to leave it out since we owned it. Besides, a lot of people were checking her out, driving by slowly and such.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #2

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
That's wonderful! Excited with you! Out of the elements, no storage fees, and no HOA harassment. Yippie skippie, you lucky ducky!

So great that you have an 8footer, mine is a shortie and even a pop up with an roof air probably would get snagged.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Success, I love it when a plan comes together. Good idea about getting the other wheels too
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote