Zep Wet-Look Floor Finish - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #21

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Well, thanks again. I'd like to change the orange horizontal stripe on mine and should probably do that first, although I'm anxious to get it shiny in a hurry for spring! I removed and reseated the rear window last year (it was a leaker) and someday should probably do the others although so far they seem fine. So its good to know the stuff can be stripped and re-applied. Great pictures - very inspiring!

Oh, what kind of spray paint did you use to get the "close match"? When I did the rear window I had to do quite a bit of repair (the original hole was too big and there was also damage around the screw holes). I couldn't find a good match and painted a border around the window instead, same green as the Trillium Logo. Looks pretty good but I'd rather not continue the theme on other spots.

Randy
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #22

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Oh, two more things. Could I wait to reapply my decal/stripe until after the zep coat is added? Will it stick?
And I've found that two spray lubricants - WD-40 and Gigiloo - work really well for removing decal goo.

Randy
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #23

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
We removed the Zep in order to have the new stripes applied, and the shop is roughing up the surface where the old stripes were applied. He will actually be painting the stripes in order to get the color match we wanted, so maybe that makes a difference?
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote