110 VAC re-wire job done - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
After reading about everyones opinions, on Boler-ama, about having a breaker box in my 13ft. Boler, if you intend to run a 110 VAC system, I decided to install one onto my existing system.

It was very tight working in this cavity but I got it in about 4 hours.

After removeing the electrical box and switch that I installed in spring of "06" I drilled new holes in side of cupboard just under the converter, in under-the-sink cupboard and bolted the breaker box to inside of space.

I now run a Pig-Tail from outside of trailer into the cupboard under sink into a 30 Amp breaker box with space for 2 breakers.

From a 20amp breaker I run first to an outlet that I plug my converter into then to 2 other inside outlets and one GFI outside outlet. All with 12ga wire/W ground, per recomended by salesman for a 20amp service.

When I first pluged it in I had NO POWER TO ANYTHING!
After checking and rechecking I noticed that I had installed the breaker into the slot next to the one that was actually wired This is to tight a spot to work and would suggest putting it in another spot to others
Working now

One outlet is over by the bunks with a child-proof cover and this I run electrical kitchen appliances and the other inside one is up by the ceiling in tall cabinet to run the roof mounted AC unit.

The outside one is for running a cord into the screen house for radio or floresent light.

Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote