12 volt re-do/Jumbo LED lights install - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #15

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Second everyone's comments on the LED's, you'll love em.

Only thing I see from the photos, outside the bus issue, is it appears you used metal staples to tack the wires down to the board. Recommend if you staple to use insulated electrical staples, or better yet use plastic wire ties to bundle your wires and then staple the tail of the wire tie or some such. Another good inexpensive solution is the rubber insulated hold down clamps that you can screw into the board. With the constant movement on the trailer over the years the metal staples can work through the insulation on the wires and could lead to some fun down the road.

Looks like your not too far from a "road test," enjoy......

2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #16

Name: marvonw
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Great Lakes area-US
Quote:
Second everyone's comments on the LED's, you'll love em.

Only thing I see from the photos, outside the bus issue, is it appears you used metal staples to tack the wires down to the board. Recommend if you staple to use insulated electrical staples, or better yet use plastic wire ties to bundle your wires and then staple the tail of the wire tie or some such. Another good inexpensive solution is the rubber insulated hold down clamps that you can screw into the board. With the constant movement on the trailer over the years the metal staples can work through the insulation on the wires and could lead to some fun down the road.

Looks like your not too far from a "road test," enjoy......
Thanks for the tip about the staples. I'm going to trust them until I get the trailer to warmer climes next month, then look for some rubber insulated hold down clamps to replace the staples.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
More suppliers of LEDs are showing up, here is another that I have orderd 1156 replacement LEDs from.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/af-nash.htm

Tags
led lights, lighting