I though I would post what I did to our new to us trailer. It is a 1973 13' Boler
and I think it is one of the lower models (scout?). It has the 3-way fridge
, stove, etc but no porta-potty (thankfully) and no heater or overhead storage above the dining area.
1) LED taillamps. I bought 4" semi-trailer lights
from Princess Auto for $14 each and placed them behind the factory lenses to keep an origional look. The factory lights
are 7" bus lights
and the easiest thing would be to replace them with new ones of the like. To make the 4" ones fit behind I chose a slim design and then had to hack off the connector in the back. After hacking that off I brought the wires out and wired it directly to the Boler
wires and then glued the whole thing to the metal backing of the Boler light
(after removing the bulb holder). Maybe the pictures will say more...
Attaching to metal backing:
2) I placed the battery
box on the tongue. It worked pretty easy and sure beats having to pull it out or having it take up space under a seat! I also added a battery
guage behing the cupboard door under the sink. There was a real easy 12V connection there already to tap into and is out of the way.
Next I plan to finish fixing the interior trim. I have read a bit here and have not found much help. The 2 sided tape does not stay on. I tried the caulking and then putting the 2-sided tape over it and it still did not want to stick. Next I will just try making a nice caulking line to mimick the 2-sided tape.