13' Boler - LED Tails - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
I though I would post what I did to our new to us trailer. It is a 1973 13' Boler and I think it is one of the lower models (scout?). It has the 3-way fridge, stove, etc but no porta-potty (thankfully) and no heater or overhead storage above the dining area.

1) LED taillamps. I bought 4" semi-trailer lights from Princess Auto for $14 each and placed them behind the factory lenses to keep an origional look. The factory lights are 7" bus lights and the easiest thing would be to replace them with new ones of the like. To make the 4" ones fit behind I chose a slim design and then had to hack off the connector in the back. After hacking that off I brought the wires out and wired it directly to the Boler wires and then glued the whole thing to the metal backing of the Boler light (after removing the bulb holder). Maybe the pictures will say more...

Attaching to metal backing:

Afterwards:

2) I placed the battery box on the tongue. It worked pretty easy and sure beats having to pull it out or having it take up space under a seat! I also added a battery guage behing the cupboard door under the sink. There was a real easy 12V connection there already to tap into and is out of the way.

Next I plan to finish fixing the interior trim. I have read a bit here and have not found much help. The 2 sided tape does not stay on. I tried the caulking and then putting the 2-sided tape over it and it still did not want to stick. Next I will just try making a nice caulking line to mimick the 2-sided tape.
Rudy_Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: The 4" Grote light pucks that I bought @ Traction Truck Parts dropped as neat as you please into the Top Hat Lens and then I added the S/S Flanges to hold them in place no glue or anything!!! Just a case of feeding the wires through the old housings and connecting them... The old sockets are still in there as well! It worked so slick that My brother Jim bought the same things and we did his Boler too!!! I am awaiting an order from Vintage Trailer Supply of Reflect O Lite tail light lenses...reproduction of Boler lenses!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
p.s. The standard equip. for the Scout model was an Ice Box so you must have some options...or some prev. own. added a fridge
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Nice work Rudy , and Welcome to the site!

Now that 'we' know you have working tail lights can we expect to see you at our Glass Egg meet in Fort Langley @ The Fort Campground in Sept???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1970 Boler
what weekend is the Boler meet this year? I hope to make it as long as it does not fall during the Langley Good Times Cruise in (Sept 8)
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #5

I'd like to pop bye one of those some day but not this year. We did see 3 other Bolers in our Vernon campground 2 weekends ago. One was identical to ours, the other was a couple year newer one red/beige and the 3rd was next to us and was a 15 or 17' one. We also have seen many on the roads this year now that we have one and notice them.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Kurt:
This falls event is back at The Fort Campground in Ft.Langley on the weekend of Sept 14/16. Thus far there is only one site left but we MAY have another 3 more coming available.

L K Loonies Only topic for details
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
I'd like to pop bye one of those some day but not this year. We did see 3 other Bolers in our Vernon campground 2 weekends ago. One was identical to ours, the other was a couple year newer one red/beige and the 3rd was next to us and was a 15 or 17' one. We also have seen many on the roads this year now that we have one and notice them.
The one identical to yours may have been my buddy Craig... Black Land Cruiser tow vehicle?
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #8

I don't know, I was there 2 nights and never saw anybody there at either Boler.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Boler (Winnipeg factory
Sure wish I could see the pics! I'm researching exactly this mod!
Tom and Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Sure wish I could see the pics! I'm researching exactly this mod!
Me too!
I PM'ed Rudy requesting a repost of pictures if possible.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, led lights, lighting