13' foot Boler couch into bunk beds? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #1

Name: Joy
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Question 13' foot Boler couch into bunk beds?

Is it possible to turn the Boler couch into bunk beds if it originally wasn't made that way?
We are looking to buy a scamp with bunk beds, but there is a chance we could get a Boler with a single couch instead...we need the space for our family of four.

Has anyone out there tried that?
motherofsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
All Boler front couches were designed to convert into bunk beds. Double check that the one you are looking at, quite often the support poles go missing over the years. If it really does not have a bunk then a previous owner removed it, but it would be easy to convert back.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There are plenty of postings here on FiberglassRV where folks wanted to change from bunks to dinettes and those that needed bunks. Exactly what build (wood or fiberglass... and BRAND/size) are you looking at and what are you trying to accomplish? If you are looking to buy... I see it's a Boler... what is the build?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #4

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
In this coming spring time, due to the front bunk bed of my Trillium looked ugly, in convenience, especially when kids gained more height, I would modify it into a...FRONT BUNK/STORAGE/DINETTE COMBO. It works like this: when using as front dinette, the upper bed will be moved up to the top edge of front window and become upper front storage. This will expand the head room for tall kids/adults to sit in the front dinette area When using as bunk, it will be lowered to the bottom edge and with copper rails, it becomes solid bunk. It can become front upper storage and single wide bed for an adult. That is all in the paper. hopefully the snow will be melted soon for me to do the project. Right now, it is front bunk/dinette combo without upper storage and in this mode, the table will be too small, the upper bunk is too low, easily for a tall kid to bump his/her head when they try to sit down as front dinette and play their games....I would post all photos in details when the project finished...
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler