13' Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Thank you all for your kind words. It is a beautiful trailer and I am very fortunate to have it.

Sandra, I bought it on eBay. The only thing I can take credit for is the curtains (and the doggie bunk which is now removed.)
I think this is called a Scamp Custom Deluxe and it must have been designed and ordered by someone who had a lot more $$$$$ than I have!!! Besides all the usual extras, it came with nice tweed upholstery, awning with walls that attach with velcro, a back bumper bike rack, oh, and these lovely cloth snap-on window covers to protect my little Scamp from -what, sun?? sand?? frostbite??
Attached Thumbnails
inside_nest_egg_018a.jpg  
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry

Hey Lorene;

Beautiful Scamp. The A/C install looks unique also. Any chance of detail pics of the venting / baffles etc?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I'm with DonnaD. When I sold the Burro, I pledged no more hundred yard dashes at 2am so I've gotta have a latrine. The addition of a sink to your design would seem easy enough to do and might make your life a little easier someday since the plumbing is all there anyway.
Greg Janke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Lorene, I LOVE your layout! I could easily live with that (IT IS BEAUTIFUL!) as I use mine mainly for sleeping anyhow.
I do love having an inside potty, but a porta pot would do. I love your counter space, you found a beautiful camper. That doggie bed could become another shelf (for maybe a TV at night or during a rainy day). The dogs would end up sleeping with me anyhow. No way I could keep them up there with me below them. LOL
Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us.
Keven, I like your ideas also. I think Scamp should offer this as an option on its website. I bet they would build a few more of them quickly. This is the ideal one person Scamp. It is a private little house on wheels all rolled into one room. I LOVE IT!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #25

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Sandra, I bought it on eBay. The only thing I can take credit for is the curtains (and the doggie bunk which is now removed.)
I think this is called a Scamp Custom Deluxe and [b]it must have been designed and ordered by someone who had a lot more $$$$$ than I have!!!
Quote:
Keven, I like your ideas also. [b]I think Scamp should offer this as an option on its website.
Actually, Scamp does offer modified floorplans as Custom Deluxe models. They say that they will build any configuration you want, as long as you agree to their custom pricing. They will work with you individually, but it will be a custom order.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #26

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I was going to say that.

Quote:
That looks pretty close to the front-sink Surfside layout.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #27

Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13 ft
I think this design could work for a regular 13'. Keeping the front the same with the couch/bunks. The cabinet across from the door could have a fridge under and a sink/cooktop combination on top? Plumbing would have to be pretty creative and compact. Would be really cool if a manufacturer made a combination Fridge/Sink/Stovetop with all the wiring and plumbing inside. Overhead cabinets all the way around. And the bigger dinette/bed in back. I think I would even like this if it had a regular size bed and the trailer was made a foot or two shorter.
Lars H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #28

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Myron Leski your question on post 17
I used Google Sketchup http://sketchup.google.com/ very easy program to learn and it's FREE. After you download the program, download my scamp model at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...amp;prevstart=0 you can look at all the details of a stock scamp interior.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	15682
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #29

Registry
Lars H
Something like this

Name:	FT_dinettesmalla.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	15683

No counter space.
Ft dinette could be made into bunks if you wanted.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #30

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
Would be really cool if a manufacturer made a combination Fridge/Sink/Stovetop with all the wiring and plumbing inside.
Now there's a million $$ idea, kind of like those extra compact kitchenette's they have in motels, but with propane appliances. When are we going into partnership to start production?

Name:   res9y30.gif
Views: 137
Size:  60.3 KB
[attachment=19131:ki
tchene...s_124226.jpg]

(while we're on the topic of cool things to put into a trailer check out this fold away bunk unit:

Name:	fold_away_bed_for_hotel_rooms_124231.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	15687

Attached Thumbnails
kitchenette_for_hotel_rooms_124226.jpg  
Attached Images

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #31

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Here's another kitchenette unit... for those who can't do without all the comforts of home, including the dishwasher

DWY_tempKitch_Flyer.pdf

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #32

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
[quote]I changed the counter area just a little .
Attachment 15490

My father had a very similar design in his 13' Shasta. However, the kitchen went in the front right by the door to the closet. The closet was on the drivers side and was opposite the door and went to the front of the unit. That way he could have a closet; put in a marine toilet or portapotty and/or also put in a shower in that space. The back of his Shasta was configured like the Compact, Jr. - king size bed.

It also had cabinets all the around the top plus over the king size bed were two cots on metal poles that could put away in the back when they were not in use. That allowed 2 adults and 2 kids (even grown kids) to sleep in the trailer.

The one change I would have made to the trailer was to make the king size bed cushions different so that I could have the back cushions down like a bed and my bedding folded down there and the front cushions made for a small dinning table.
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #33

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Kevin,
The bed measures about 78" by 53". Not quite as wide as you had hoped.

In this picture, you see a "loft" on the left built for two Boston Terriers above the foot of the bed.
Loreen,

We just purchased a 1998 Scamp. Would love to see yours in person some time. We live in Covington, Georgia. The cabinet work looks beautiful in the pics.

Rosemary Rogers
Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #34

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
very cool program... I have many uses for such a tool. Autocad is great but the $4000 pricetag is a tad out of reach for me.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #35

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Here's an idea I had for a Boler/clone "Liberty meets Compact Jr." layout.

Quoting myself, from a post in this thread

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=34113

(but going in a direction more appropriate to the thread I am in now), I said:

Quote:
For just me, I had a layout idea I really liked, but it wouldn't work without moving/removing the propane fridge, and I'd like to keep it where it is. That idea consisted of one ample (32" wide) single bed running lengthwise from the back on the driver's side, with the table more-or-less where it is now (a bit narrower) and then the original seat on the passenger side. Then the kitchen in front with a closet by the door. Original closet remaining as-is. This would give me my "main settee with table alongside at my right hand side" that I really like. Also, for two, the original across bunk could be used (taking down dinette table) and could be larger than the original one. (Original above-kitchen cupboards could remain, and support could be devised.)

The trouble with that plan is that there is only about 68" before I run into the fridge. Rats. It will stay just a plan for now, I guess.
The other thing is that I can't think of an easy way to re-establish the sidewall-shape support provided by the "wrought-iron" galley support. I suppose one could tab in a supportive arch across the overhead at the forward end of the table, but that would not qualify as "easy."

Also, one might bump one's head on the former over-galley cabinets if sitting down too aggressively.

Haven't solved the 'fridge issue either. There would be room for it under the front kitchen, but it would not be that fun to move a propane fridge, nor to have the vents on the front of the trailer. It would work fine for a slide-out cooler, or for a 110v or 12v fridge though.

Anyway, I just "drew" a layout plan to show what I was talking about (see, I do have a point ) And no, I'm not a computer drawing expert!

Name:	Scamp_Liberty_layout.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	19217

Just thought I'd throw it into the thread. I'm probably not about to remodel, but I do think about it from time-to-time

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #36

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Well, a tape-measure "solved" one problem: A support bracket or partial wall at the forward end of the "big" bed would leave about the same fore-and-aft spread between supports as there is now (and would actually compensate slightly better for the placement of the closet and the door). That would put the new support just at the "aft" end of the little window over the stove (for thems as have one).

It's all so quick and easy on paper

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 AM   #37

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Lots of good stuff here on this thread, reminds me of my old Scamp 13' that I put a two person dinette in the front. The guy I bought the trailer from ordered it without anything in the front , where a bath & closet would be. The wife and I still miss that little Scamp. I would love to build something from scratch, and I would design it so that there wouldn't be any rivets.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #38

Registry
Another plan I thought of is to have a front sitting area and a side bunk (72"x30") Just cut the closet shelf in a stock 13' scamp to make a bunk. Keep a pole or brace on the edge to hold up the roof and have a flip up bed section by the door.
Keep the lower bed size at 76"x46"
Table is 2' wide with a seating area of 18"

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	23145

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	23147
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg   5.jpg  

Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #39

Trailer: R-Vision
Quote:
Some great ideas! But, I camp differently than you. I do use all the amenities in my trailer, that's why I bought it. Otherwise, I could have purchased a used cargo trailer a whole lot cheaper and outfitted it to just be a hard-sided tent.
I'm with you Donna, the Eggcamper is layed out about perfect for my needs.
I'm just about $16,500 short of the $17,000 I need to get one.
Mike Ames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp