13' Scamp Renovation/Upgrades - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

Name: Ginny
Trailer: '09 Scamp 13' w/ Bath
Oklahoma
13' Scamp Renovation/Upgrades

ok, I think I am finally ready to share pics, as we are ALMOST done with our scamp remodel. The trailer was in great shape, we just wanted to make some improvements to the aesthetics and design (storage space etc).

I'll post a few highlights here directly, but you can view our entire album HERE. The 'final' pics are at the bottom. If you have any questions or want to know what we did or why/how, please let me know- I am happy to answer anything!

The most dramatic change is to the kitchen area. We installed a new face over the upper cabinet, allowing for a track to be installed. We cut one large opening, and now we have nice sliding doors.

These are the upgrades we did (I hope I dont forget anything!):
1. Interior LED lights inside the upper cabinet (with installation of some really cool retro looking switches)
2. Replaced 3 doors in upper cabinet with sliding doors
3. Moved antenna hookup to below sink, attached to cable hookup. Ran both thru an A/V switcher, then a single line out to the TV
4. LED puck lights in upper cabinet
5. Installed paper towel holder (its the little things!)
6. Installed melamine board behind sink/stove area for clean white surface
7. Remade stove cover to be a cutting board top (and real wood)
8. Removed heater. Combined cabinets and expanded. Two large doors to one cabinet space under sink now. This also involved moving the propane line a bit.
9. Upgraded socket to a socket with USB's. Added additional socket with 4 USBs for total of 6 USBs and two traditional plugs.
10. Removed thermostat, patched holes.
11. Installed 'magazine holder' next to plugs to hold phones/ipads while charging.
12. Replaced wrought iron shelf support with custom laser cut trout support.
13. Remade drawer over fridge. Same specs, better, lighter wood.
14. Replaced ALL doors to lightweight birch, painted.
15. Removed shower door, and replaced with nice shower curtain. Installed magnets at base and sides so it stays in place and looks 'closed' when not in use.
16. Installed LED strip lights in closet between bathroom and main door.
17. Installed shelves and custom bungie cargo nets.
18. Ripped out carpet and replaced with Allure vinyl flooring (amazing).
19. Installed custom shelving in closet between bed and door.
20. Installed propane detector.
21. Remade dinette table to be solid wood, and rectangle. Custom made wood board to extend for bed.
22. Installed new LED tail lights and running lights.
23. Replaced insulation strip on door.
24. Installed new TV on swivel, and moved cable line, and power to the cabinet over bed/dinette. Installed new socket (in a junction box) inside the dinette cabinet.
25. New light fixtures below dinette cabinet.
26. Installed command hooks everywhere

OK, I THINK that is everything!!!
Attached Thumbnails
19429835_10213855390245712_9213795803349616550_n.jpg  
fieldphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
These pics weren't enough for me so I looked at the whole album. Very nicely done. I am now in full dream mode.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #3

Oklahoma
THANKS!! That means a lot.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Very nicely done, and some smart mods. Visually I love the cabinet color, the vinyl plank floor and the wood table top. She's a beauty.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:55 AM   #5

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Beautiful workmanship! Thank you so much for sharing this with us...inspirational!! Go have fun with it!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #6

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
It's lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #7

Oklahoma
Thank you all!
1st trip (with all mods done) is scheduled for mid July. Fly fishing in the Aspen area woohoo! We have traveled with her before, but this will be the 1st time enjoying her new look.

I couldnt have done it without you all... answering so many questions for us over the last year. THANK YOU FG Community!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #8

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Just. WOW.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:52 AM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I was checking out your photos and I noticed that you plugged your IKEA puck led lights into the AC power supply, you can run those lights off of the 12v DC side but you will have to not use the transformer. And cut the wires, or get the matching socket for the wire that plugs into the transformer.
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I went through your album and what a great adventure you did personalizing your trailer. I think its great on how much work you did your selves. Your wood art holding up your top cabinet was inspirational. Was this a business or some kind of art class structure. I am very interested on how to get this done and pointers you can send my way would be greatly appreciated. Have a great camping season.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Squish - that is exactly what I ended up doing. I tried the plug 1st, because I thought I was going to plug the TV in there, but when I moved it to the other side, I just "hardwired" the puck lights into the DC, and put in one of those cool rocker switches. Thanks for the input!

Whoever asked about the fish shelf support, thanks for your kind words! I actually had it laser cut at our innovation hub at the University I work for. I would look for someone local who has a laser cutter and you can do the same thing! It was cut from thin balsa wood, then I built the "frame" to go around it.

Let me know if you have more questions!!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:39 AM   #12

Name: leonard
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
Great Pictures, Do you have any information on the small window above the stove? Thanks
amosmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #13

Name: Rob
Trailer: '80 Trillium 1300
Florida
Registry
Thank you for sharing. Great work that I will certainly look to as I continue my frame-off restoration. Particularly liked the fish support. We have a laser cutter and 3D printers at the office that I am hoping to use in some capacity as my project progresses and I appreciate that you were able to incorporate this technology.
rkbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #14

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
You've done a really beautiful job! I particularly like the sliding doors!!! I'd love a few more details on how you did that since I'm trying to address cupboard doors that don't stay closed in our 16-footer. Everything you've done has really made it into a little piece of heaven. Well done!

Tags
scamp