16 ft Front Bunk Removal ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
North Carolina
16 ft Front Bunk Removal ?

I have a 16 ft with a side shower and toilet with a front bunk. I want to remove the bunks and make a small dinette so I can keep the large bed in the back down. Has anyone removed the front bunks and made a dinette? I would love to see your plans and before and after pictures.

Thanks
Mike
Michael Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Don't have any pictures of a 16', but it would be pretty much the same as a 13', except you might have to make allowance for the added depth of the bath enclosure in terms of access to the street side seat.

It's also not necessary to eliminate the bunk- you can retain 3-way function if you want:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontDinetteMod.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	100148
Not mine, this one is an early Boler, so it lacks the porta-potty recess. The table is offset toward the curbside for better access to the streetside seat. You could fill in the recess with a shallow storage compartment do the same on a Scamp 16'er.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #3

Name: Michael
Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
North Carolina
Thanks, I like the idea of retaining the bunk.
Michael Turner is offline   Reply With Quote