19' 5er Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

Name: Wesley
Trailer: 1989 19ft 5th Deluxe Scamp
Missouri
19' 5er Scamp

Has anyone thought about combining the gray water and the black water outlets into one outlet on a 19' ? Just a thought !! Any ideas ?????
shooter_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
LOL! Many Many times!!!!! Hard to do with the axle in the way and gravity. I'm going to figure it out eventually, just have too many other projects right now.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
The shower pumps to the grey tank so put in another pump and a check valve and pump the grey tank to the black tank after you empty the black tank. Maybe put the switch to the pump outside close to the black drain and be sure the switch has to be held in the run position so when you let go, pump stops. That would prevent you from accidently overflowing the black tank.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #4

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_41 View Post
Has anyone thought about combining the gray water and the black water outlets into one outlet on a 19' ? Just a thought !! Any ideas ?????
Yes, I'm doing it, but I'm putting a bigger gray water tank in first. It only makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
The shower pumps to the grey tank so put in another pump and a check valve and pump the grey tank to the black tank after you empty the black tank. Maybe put the switch to the pump outside close to the black drain and be sure the switch has to be held in the run position so when you let go, pump stops. That would prevent you from accidently overflowing the black tank.
I'm about 98% sure there's no pump on mine, but I could be wrong. I don't know where it would be hiding.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #5

Registry
I think my shower is just gravity. A skinny little green garden hose from the shower to the grey tank. Not a very appealing option.

On first look I thought converting mine was going to be easy, at least until I realized that someone had changed the axle to a leaf spring style and the whole axle needs to move, grrrrr.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #6

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Yeah, I burned mine up welding the lift kit on the frame. It was looking awful anyway, so I didn't bother moving it.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #7

Registry
Like Jared I'm installing an outside shower (wash the dogs off etc). I couldn't imagine showering in that tight space unless it was an emergency where I spilled toxic chemicals on myself (lol, like that's going to happen). I have a pull out neck on my kitchen faucet to wash my hair and face until I can get to a real shower.

I'm pretty sure I'm pulling the gaucho out to turn and extend my bed so I would love to extend the side bathroom back into that corner. Unfortunately at the moment I have more than enough projects to deal with until I get to that.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #8

Trailer: Helite
Jared: Our Scamp 5R had a Front Shower.
Art VanDelay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp