I filled all the holes in the shell that were used to attach the cabinets. I also filled the hole for the bathroom vent, removed the bolts for the spare tire carrier and removed the carpet runner from the front.
I added two new holes, one for a porch light
and another for shore water.
The carpet runner was held on with what seemed like 100 screws. It had also been glued using flooring adhesive, which wasn't entirely successfully in attaching the runner to the body. I spent a lot of time on the front of the shell removing all the glue and filling all the holes and stone chips.
I decided to go with a two-tone paint
scheme like the original. The green is quite a bit brighter than the original, though. I rolled and tipped the paint
, and it looks not bad. This is the first time I did this, and I should have taken more care with the finish on the primer. As expected, the finish coat takes on all the imperfections under it. I may sand it all off and do it over again. It's always easier to do a much better job the second time around. Currently, it's what a friend of mine calls a twenty foot paint
job - it looks good from about twenty feet away.