1971 Trillium Window Removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: 1971 Trillium 13ft
Ontario
1971 Trillium Window Removal

Hello
My wife and I have purchased a 13ft 1971 Trillium. We would like to remove the front and rear windows. Can anyone provide us with direction/pictures/video on how to remove the rubber seals and windows?? We are totally new to this and don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
wdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The windows on a Trillium use rubber seals in the construction of the window, but the window is installed using butyl tape, not rubber. To remove the windows, pull off the plastic screw covers, remove the screws, they may be quite rusted. Pull the windows out from the bottom. They kind of hook in at the top. Clean the old butyl tape off both the windows, and the shell of the trailer. Inspect the wood that he the windows screw into. If it is dry and solid, then leave it. If wet and rotten, then carefully peel the ensolite away from the wood. Try to not damage the black ensolite foam. I have found it much easier to remove rotten wood then wood that is in good shape.
New butyl tape is available at the parts department of your local RV dealer. Line the flange on the window with new tape. Reinstall the window, top first. Use new screws. I would use stainless screws and nylon washers to limit corrosion as the result dissimilar metals.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium