I finally started to put Bedroll back together. The problem with the factory floor, besides being rotted, was it fit down the middle of the floor and left open areas on the side. I think it was ment to keep it light
and was covered by cabinetry. It also allowed water to run out under the floor. Unfortunately it also allowed dust and vermin to come in. I also decided that the four foot wide panel was the largest floor they could fit through the door. As you can see in the pictures the fiberglass wraps under the trailer like the casita
but leaves a rectangular opening in the center.
My plan for the floor was to build it to cover the whole floor up to the curve of the fiberglass wall. Because I couldn't fit a full premade floor through the door I decided to cut it outside and then laminate it in place in the trailer.
I Really wanted a non wood floor but Aluminum and polyethylene were too expensive. I finally compromised by using luan panels which are used for subflooring applications in homes.
Here is the future floor:
First I made a template from heavy cardboard (neighbors discarded water heater box)
Here is the first cut using the cardboard template for a pattern transfer to the luan. I used two sheets for the first cut plus a 1 foot section through the middle.
This is the layout in the trailer
Here is the first cut of the second layer.
I still need to cut the five filler sections for the ends and sides of this panel and another full panel (repeat of first cut)for the third lamination. I got a killer deal on gorilla glue to use for the laminating adhesive. Lowes wanted 18 bucks for an 18 ounce bottle but had a sale on the 36 ounce bottle for 15 bucks. This is as far as I got last night. I will update this post as I go.