Thanks for your compliments. Here was the process we used.
We rolled and tipped - but to be honest we mostly just rolled. The interlux bright side paint
definitely worked well for us. I am not sure if others would work as well. It has a nice hard finish that seems very durable.
We used their primer as well.
1) Scuffed the surface with 60 grit sand paper on an orbital sander.
2) Blew off with an air compressor
3) Hand washed and dried
5) Sanded the primer with an orbital sander and 220 grit paper
6) Repeated steps 2 and 3 (once dry)
7) Applied first coat
8) Wet sanded by hand (using a sponge sanding block) any drips or rough patches with 320 then 400
9) Wet sanded the rest with 1000 (again using a block or a 3M sanding pad)
10) Repeated steps 2 and 3 (once dry)
11) Applied final coat
To this point we haven't decided if we want to wet sand again with 2000-3000 or just be satisfied. I am thinking we should keep going, but Kristin thinks we should know when to quit. It certainly isn't perfect, but it came out nice for a do-it-yourself job that cost us some elbow grease and a couple hundred bucks. Where I filled in the furnace
hole turned out well. The window isn't as good, but it certainly is passable.