1975 CareFree (On life support) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #15

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Looks like a stretched Ventura other than the windows!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morgan View Post
Y
With the scarcity of information available on this trailer I will try and document my trials and hopefully tribulations thoroughly.

I have not been able to find a stitch of information on the history of the manufacturer. They were made in Trail British Columbia (just north of the Spokane Boarder). And the CEO at one time was a "Don Ewing". That is all i can find. I cannot even find a business license in the archives.
Now you have a project David! Look forward to following it.

If you haven't seen it member Kevin K posted a picture of a brochure for the trailer - perhaps if you PM him he would send you a more readable version. Then you could upload it to the Documents centre here for others to find in the future.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #17

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Looks like a stretched Ventura other than the windows!
Yes it does! That's what i thought when I saw it.

Speaking of Ventura there is one in rough but doable shape for sale here in Yakima. If someone wants a project let me know I will tell you where it is.

I am curious as to what the insides look like in one of those? Is is wood panel walls too?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Now you have a project David! Look forward to following it.

If you haven't seen it member Kevin K posted a picture of a brochure for the trailer - perhaps if you PM him he would send you a more readable version. Then you could upload it to the Documents centre here for others to find in the future.
Thank you for the info, i reached out to Kevin!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #19

How do you post PDF files?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morgan View Post
How do you post PDF files?
If you have PDF that you wish to add to the Document Centre for others to find in the future just go to the home page click on the Document Centre tag and then click add.... that should do it .... I think
Old 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
If you have PDF that you wish to add to the Document Centre for others to find in the future just go to the home page click on the Document Centre tag and then click add.... that should do it .... I think
any way to link to them in this post?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #22

British Columbia
Registry
yes did you up load them already?

Once uploaded just copy the URL of the page they are on and then use the little World Icon with the paper clip above to link them into a post here.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #23

Alberta
Registry
Hi Dave
Yes the Ventura's had tacky wood paneling in them, I originally painted mine white inside then gutted it and put in 5/16" knotty pine. Would be a nice interior for yours as well due to the flat walls.
my rebuild
Old 04-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Hi Dave
Yes the Ventura's had tacky wood paneling in them, I originally painted mine white inside then gutted it and put in 5/16" knotty pine. Would be a nice interior for yours as well due to the flat walls.
my rebuild
I looked at you're pictures that is very nice! Cabin on wheels!

I think for my build here were going to go with something more vanilla, but I am considering a few options.

I am also very interested in the White Knight Felx you painted on. How does it look now after a couple years? This thing has so many cracks and breaks, the PO's fixin was not water tight at all. So who knows where all the leaks might be. I have to peel off the old work and do it from the inside, for sure. But it would be a good insurance policy I think.

Thanks for all the info!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #25

Alberta
Registry
the White Knight flex seemed like a good idea and has held up will as far as a sealant goes, the down side is that it is a pain to keep clean. Last year I painted over it with white polyurethane paint and that has really helped. No cracks have come through the flex after 3 years and the stuff is paintable but you do get a rough finish as the stuff is very thick when you apply it and does not flow out at all.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #26

Quote:
the White Knight flex seemed like a good idea and has held up will as far as a sealant goes, the down side is that it is a pain to keep clean. Last year I painted over it with white polyurethane paint and that has really helped. No cracks have come through the flex after 3 years and the stuff is paintable but you do get a rough finish as the stuff is very thick when you apply it and does not flow out at all.
Soooo....... is this "White Knight" product a Canadian only club? That seams to be the only place I can find it! Doh! You Canadians always have the best stuff! First it was Maple Syrup, Then robotic manipulator arms on the ISS. Now its roof rubber? What next "Health Care"? LOL! Just kidding...
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #27

Alberta
Registry
looks like its been replaced with
Gardner 4.75-Gal. Sta Kool 7-Year Ultra White Elastomeric Roof Coating-SK-7705 at The Home Depot

and yes we do enjoy some things that are only "Canadian eh"!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #28

Quote:
looks like its been replaced with
Gardner 4.75-Gal. Sta Kool 7-Year Ultra White Elastomeric Roof Coating-SK-7705 at The Home Depot

and yes we do enjoy some things that are only "Canadian eh"!
Ahh, I was wondering about that! Thank you for the research. I think I have decided for sure I am going to go that route on the top at least.