1976 Trillium 1300 Remodel - For Caitlin - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #15

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Wow - you got a good deal. I've seen fibreglass trailers in that condition (yes, REAL projects) go for $2500. And it also looks like you're quite capable of fixing it. nice to see all the pics. And I thought I was ambitious!

Old 12-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #16

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Wow - you got a good deal.
I think so to, yet a LOT of work to do on it.

I did make a decision on which way to go with the water system. I am going to go with a submersible pump in a water container. I have bought one of these water jugs, and and extra spigot to use to feed the water line through.

I can then run this pumped water through the same inlet as city water, eliminating the gravity fill. I will have to do a 12V connection to the trailer for the pump. I will also put an inline pressure switch in the trailer to automatically keep the pump pressure up, and kick the pump off when not needed.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Hi.....great plans for what looks like a Trillium in really nice condition for a redo .
We've done that a couple of times , found the best deals for upholstery at Fabricland Fisher Park and foam at Labbe Bedding ( they cut to any size and shape) . Good luck ....bet it turns out awesome !
Old 12-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #18

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think so to, yet a LOT of work to do on it.

I did make a decision on which way to go with the water system. I am going to go with a submersible pump in a water container. I have bought one of these water jugs, and and extra spigot to use to feed the water line through.

I can then run this pumped water through the same inlet as city water, eliminating the gravity fill. I will have to do a 12V connection to the trailer for the pump. I will also put an inline pressure switch in the trailer to automatically keep the pump pressure up, and kick the pump off when not needed.
I went to Coleman in Calgary at 2235 27th Ave NE. I bough a replacement pump for their on demand water heater for $18. It doesn't produce much pressure, but plenty of flow. Not sure how I will use it. Probably put a deck hatch on the tank and a hole in the hatch. Then to a spigot, with no tap, at the sink. A switch will be used, instead of a tap.
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard02.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #19

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
Hi.....great plans for what looks like a Trillium in really nice condition for a redo .
We've done that a couple of times , found the best deals for upholstery at Fabricland Fisher Park and foam at Labbe Bedding ( they cut to any size and shape) . Good luck ....bet it turns out awesome !
We bought the new mattress for our Escape 19 at Labbe, and boy oh boy is it ever comfy. We love it. We did get a quote from them and Dormir for the foam for this trailer, with Dormir actually being way more responsive, and about 20% cheaper, so went with them. Caitlin picked the foam up last Saturday, and will begin to sew the cushions right away. We are using gifted fabric from my brother, which was leftover from use in commercial airlines, so should be very tough. It is dark blue, and looks great with the light green interior. I will be posted more of this, as she gets it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I went to Coleman in Calgary at 2235 27th Ave NE. I bough a replacement pump for their on demand water heater for $18. It doesn't produce much pressure, but plenty of flow. Not sure how I will use it. Probably put a deck hatch on the tank and a hole in the hatch. Then to a spigot, with no tap, at the sink. A switch will be used, instead of a tap.
I imagine that pump works pretty much the same as the one I bought, which was about double that. It puts out 2.8 gpm at 11 psi, so lots of flow, but not huge pressure too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Your plans sound awesome , lucky girl !
Old 12-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #21

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:

Jim, does this picture accurately depict the sag on the street side or does the camera view accentuate it? You can really see some bow and sag to that side, particularly if the picture tells the tale. Great project and gift for the daughter BTW. Sounds like you raised her right if this is the kind of thing she wants.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #22

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Jim, does this picture accurately depict the sag on the street side or does the camera view accentuate it? You can really see some bow and sag to that side, particularly if the picture tells the tale. Great project and gift for the daughter BTW. Sounds like you raised her right if this is the kind of thing she wants.
No, it is the wide angle lens, uncorrected, as you suspected that makes it look way worse than it really is. I have now raised the bottom of the upper cabinets in the galley about 5/8" to where they should be. There is still another 5/8" sag in the roof from the front of the upper cabinets, out 5 1/2" to where the roof curves up. Whatever I ende up doing to hold the uppers up, I will extent a support out to support the roof to that curve. I think a piece of 1/4" x 1" steel will be fine. I will paint this support to match with the interior.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Good stuff Jim, thanks for taking us along on your adventure! Looking forward to how it all turns out.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #24

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Quote:
Okay, I have a few things I am pondering, and could really use some input to help me figure out what I should do.

Water System – ...I would also like to add an electric pump to the water inside.

I have thought of mounting one underneath, just behind the axle. I could have brackets installed when I take the frame in for some work to help support it...
...One idea I have along the same line, is to use a submersible 12V pump that drops into the tank, something real small. I could then just use the city water connection to hook this up. I would have to use some kind of weather protected outlet for the power leads. Again, just thinking...
Hi Jim... I haven't read through all the posts yet, however, I thought I would mention the possibility of using a windshield washer fluid pump if you think it would have enough capacity. Lord knows they're extremely reliable and long-lived!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #25

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Hi Jim... I haven't read through all the posts yet, however, I thought I would mention the possibility of using a windshield washer fluid pump if you think it would have enough capacity. Lord knows they're extremely reliable and long-lived!
Not a bad thought, but I just bought one, that is about 1 1/2" in diameter, and 6-8" long. I will be posting some photos of it, once I get it set up.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #26

Trailer: '88 16' Scamp #4 layout
North Idaho
water tank

in our 1976 13' the water tank was under the floor under the bed/dinette. we replaced it. it is wide and very shallow but an excellent area for it.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #27

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine Y. View Post
in our 1976 13' the water tank was under the floor under the bed/dinette. we replaced it. it is wide and very shallow but an excellent area for it.
Adding one between the frame underneath was one of my considerations. I definitely did not want to replace the one taking up space under the curbside dinette seat. The primarily for going this way is that my daughter would very seldom use the tap inside, as she, like us, would be doing the majority of the cooking and cleaning outside, and would be using a large water jug for this use. As well, this will keep things simple. She can use the water jug for pouring out of, or if holed up in the trailer wanting it, can quickly hook up pump to the trailer city water inlet. It also eliminates the need for a gravity fill port.

Trust me, I did WAY too much thinking on this.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:50 PM   #28

Name: Hughe
Trailer: Trillium 76
British Columbia
Thank you so much for all your posts, seems like I am doing exactly what you are in the process of doing. I just recently bought a 76 trillium identical to your and had so many questions. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. Nice work!

Tags
trillium