We've had our Boler
for about a year now, and aside from a few fixings like curtains, cushion covers, and some other touch-ups, we hadn't done much with it. The one major thing we had done was to have it raised about 3 inches to a more standard height so the hitch didn't make contact at every speed bump.
Anyway, that's all changing now!
The first thing I've done is to remove the old roof vents, that no longer worked, and replaced them with 2 Fantastic Fans. The existing fan didn't work and they were in pretty terrible condition. Upon removing the existing fan I found out why it didn't work:
The wire had made contact with the rivots in 3 places, being completely severed by one of them. Talk about an electrical
Anyway, installing the new fans wasn't too difficult, just a little time consuming. I had to come up with a piece of trim for the inside as there would be a bit of a gap otherwise. The end result is actually quite good:
Note: I'm still experimenting with the best way to clean and fill the seams.
The really big changes are to the rest of the interior. I started by pulling out the fairly crappy laminate tile that a previous owner had laid down, along with their baseboards, revealing the original flooring. I removed all the cabinet doors and the range hood. I then taped everything!
the interior cabinets was easy and quite quick. My wife painted all the cabinet doors which was super helpful.
I then laid down some nice engineered laminate flooring that we had left over from our kitchen reno last year. I had EXACTLY, to the last board, enough to complete the job.
Next step was to put up all the cabinet doors. This is where we realized we messed up. The paint
on the doors was basically falling off. A light
fingernail was enough to strip the paint
. So, all the doors came off again and I proceeded to do what I should have done in the first place... sand them down a bit to rough up the surface.
I've not quite finished painting
yet, so you'll have to wait a few more days for the finished shots.
Baseboards then went in.
I also painted the range hood and the range with high heat spray paint
Setting up a bit of a spray box for the range since I didn't want to remove it:
So... I hate to leave this on a cliffhanger, but I need another day or two to finish painting
the cabinet doors and put them back up. Then I'll take some finished shots!