1979 Scamp Update and Appreciation. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Avion 30P and 1979 Scamp 16
Michigan
1979 Scamp Update and Appreciation.

I sort of feel like I owe a lot of people on this forum a huge "Thanks!"

Many have quickly answered my questions over the last two weeks as I continue with the project. Thanks to all who are too numerous to mention.

After two weeks of scubbing, cleaning, and removal I am at the point where I actually know what I own. (Just how good and how bad the state of affairs are on the Scamp 16)

It is a complete trailer that needs TLC and given my desire to have things functional and nice I will be painting the frame, replacing the floor, rewiring and upgrading several items such as lighting, USB ports, etc.

At the same time as I remind my kids, we are camping..... so I will likely not go overboard with the upgrades. I have decided to leave the Ensolite since it is in pretty good shape.

First step with Ensolite was to scrub with bleach to kill the mold, then TSP to clean and finally ammonia to remove leftover phosphor residue. Tomorrow I will rinse with clear water and then fill seems with latex caulk before applying seam tape and painting first with Kilz and then with a good quality latex paint.

Simultaneously I will cut and replace the dinette floor section per instructions from Eddie on the forum. (Sounds like he has done this a number of times so it shortens the learning curve.)

Thanks again to everyone who has been willing to help me.

Fun is on the way!
Dave Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Pictures, Dave!!!

Good luck!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Good luck Dave! And I know your pain. This forum has been a HUGE inspiration to me and our restoration project... And I agree with Jon, please share pictures!

- Tony
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp