1980 ventura makeover project - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #29

Name: carma
Trailer: ventura
Alberta
hi all,
not sure how much interest there is since i've not commited to any major changes or renovations, but here's a few pics of what my ventura looks like now. i sewed curtains and new cushion covers over the winter (all new foam for the cushions) and painted the interior. yes, i did do the walls to look like birch bark, after enduring many an eye roll and questions about durability, how easy to clean, are you sure tissue paper and paint won't look......ugly, lol.

yes. i was and am sure of the birch bark paint finish. never wavered from it for a moment. it is a completely practical finish for the interior of a camper, it will be very durable, will wash well, and paint touch ups will be easier and quicker than a regular painted finish. it took me about 2 (6 hour) days to do on the upper walls only. the rest of the camper is just a good quality acrylic satin finish paint, pure white.

i still need/want to replace the countertop and tabletop, and i will be replacing the lino floor with wpc (wood plastic composite) planking. we had a good thundershower where i was camping last week, and i did find a leaky area i think coming from the newishly replaced tail light, and another near the corner of the door, looks like a tear in the fibreglass when someone ran over a rock or boulder or something. i don't think i'll tackle a fibreglass repair myself, so i'll be taking it in to a rv repair place to get that done before i replace the floor. no other indications of any leaking, but i think i'll have an expert go over the whole body and reseal anything and everything for good measure. that part is kinda out of my league, i think.

a few little details to work on, there is paint on the window frames from the po, not a whole lot, but enough that it is quite noticeable now that everything looks all shiny and new (ish) again. i want to do a backsplash in the kitchen too, i have an idea for wood subway tile that i'm playing with. the wire shelves i hung are quite secure as is, but if my idea works, the wall behind the counter will be doubly robust.

so on to the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1159.JPG   IMG_1164(1).JPG  

IMG_1160.JPG   IMG_1165.JPG  

IMG_1166.JPG   IMG_1180.JPG  

IMG_1182.JPG   IMG_1181.JPG  

IMG_1171.JPG  

cajabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:01 AM   #30

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Manitoba
Wow, very fancy. Lots of lovely touches. I like the black and white upholstery in particular. You have obviously put a lot of thought and care into your trailer, starting form the inspection to the decorating. Good for you!

Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:30 AM   #31

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Agree. Looks amazing!

Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura