This weekend we installed the new roof vent. Some people don't know what they are doing, they cut the rivet tops off to remove the original sky light
leaving the rest of the rivets in place, laying 3/4 plywood to cover the hole. using some type of tape caulking to seal the gap where the rivets are. Then cutting a hole in the plywood to install the 14 x 14 skylight they used. With all of the sheetrock screws trying to pull the plywood down to the body it distroyed the fiberglass with a 100 plus holes. When sheetrock screws rust they tear fiberglass while removing. lucky my vent was 17 x 22 escape
hatch vent and i could cut away all of the old fiberglass to install my new vent.
Next I installed two boat hatches that are floor hatches in fishing boats. I installed them just behind the finders to give me excess to the under side bed storage from the outside. i used a 11 by 16 on each side, because of the curves this is the largest I felt i could put in. They look like going to work like i wanted.
Then i mounted my tail lights
. they are aftermarket trailer light
that are round metal frame with the flange to screw on the out side of the trailer. What i am doing is frenching mine by installing the light
on the inside wall. i drilled the hole as if i was using the flange on the out side, but instead i bolted it on the inside. i will be fiberglassing them in from the in side then removing the screws and glassing the out side.
Any one needing the original 1981 scamp
taillight lens they can have them for the cost of shipping.
I have a hammer, nails and duck tape. i can fit it.