1982 Burro bed/dinette cushions where to buy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2006, 08:06 AM   #1

Trailer: Burro 1982 13 ft
I have searched the forum for this topic and have found nothing yet. I have also searched the Resources section under Helpful links. I want to eventually purchase cushions for this 1982 13 foot Burro.

I took some photos of the Burros from the completed listing section on Ebay to get an idea of what they should look like. Mine are foam that has been cut to fit. They had sheets covering them and I have sewn cushion covers to fit them for now.

I would like to know where I can order the real thing. Does anyone out there have any info on this topic.

Thank you
Dorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
No such thing as the real thing anymore. Burro is defunct, so getting a set from them is out of the question.

Tracing your current cushion outlines and getting new foam is your only option. If your current ones fit OK, taking them to the foam place for duplication is your best bet.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #3

Quote:
No such thing as the real thing anymore. Burro is defunct, so getting a set from them is out of the question.

Tracing your current cushion outlines and getting new foam is your only option. If your current ones fit OK, taking them to the foam place for duplication is your best bet.
Gina, thanks for the info.
Dorie
Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We just had new cushions made for our Liberty. Foam is your most expensive item because of the oil prices.

If you can use your old foam, just find material ... take the foam and material to someplace - we used a place that makes matttesses here in California... they used our foam, and added dacron to it.. and covered the cushions with our material. Saved $$$'s ... New foam for ours would have been $550 - plus then having the cushions made. We had everything done for $386 using foam that we had.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
We just had new cushions made for our Liberty. Foam is your most expensive item because of the oil prices.

If you can use your old foam, just find material ... take the foam and material to someplace - we used a place that makes matttesses here in California... they used our foam, and added dacron to it.. and covered the cushions with our material. Saved $$$'s ... New foam for ours would have been $550 - plus then having the cushions made. We had everything done for $386 using foam that we had.
Hi. Well it certainly sounds like you did well on your cushions. Thanks for the info!
Dorie
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:

Hi. Well I think what you say makes lots of sense. Our foam is usable. I recovered it with material I picked up at the recycling center and it will do for now.
Thanks. I also checked ebay for cushions. Hmm it is interesting to look.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
When I made my memory foam toppers I bought a qween size topper and used the electric carving knife to cut it into two pieces. That is how I got the 30" wide front foam for the front bunk. Then I covered the other 30" piece for the rear dinette. This is what didn't work out so great because it turned into a full time bed and we wanted the dinette. Then I redid the back and turned that into 3 pieces. Was still a bother to move and store. That is when Fred took over the "huge" bed and I took the front bunk so I could continue to have the softer (but much smaller) bed.

If I had old cushions to redo (I did use the firm new cushions under the memory foam) I think I would look at that WalMart qween foam bed that has firmer foam underneath and softer memory foam on top, then cut with electric knife to fit.

Yes, foam is really high now. Much more than when I made my toppers. Search the archives. I remember some discussion a while back about people making new cushions, and I think it was a Burro.

Nancy in MN
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #8

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Here is just a thought to anyone looking for a good quality foam- I recycled some of my sons old kids furniture to make the cushions for my Scamp. He had a loveseat, all made of foam that unfolded into a full size mattress. It was high density 5" foam and he had outgrown it so I put it to good use. He also had a small flip chair made of the same stuff so between the two of them, I was able to get all of my cushions done. If you check out my pics of the front bed, you will see that I have a great bed that with some memory foam on top is a full 7" thick! Like I said, just an idea of you have such things kicking around, or come upon them at a yard sale or something. OH- and ditto on cutting the foam with the electric knife- its the ONLY way to go!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro