I started filling holes and fixing a couple of cracks in the fiberglass.
There are a lot of little screw holes through the top where it looks like something was attached to the ceiling. I used a dremel to widen the holes a little and then tried using Bondo glass for these, but it's been so hot here on the weekends 90+ the work time has been too short. The couple of holes that I did fill look pretty good so I'll give that a try again when it's cooler.
I drilled out all of the rivets on the old vent and scraped off all of the silicone. Made a frame out of 1.5" square fiberglass tube to get the height that I needed. Had to shave off some of the ridge to fit it up there. Fiberglassed it on (early this morning when it was cooler) and installed a Maxxfan.
Got me thinking that I don't like the trimloc, but I like the ridge. Since I'm looking at painting
I'm thinking that I'll fill it in and smooth it out a bit while leaving the ridge height and paint
is not on the agenda until spring when I can borrow a big garage.
The roof was saggy in the back. From the fiberglass damage I'm guessing something fell on it. I propped it up and after a couple of weekends in the heat it stays up by itself. If I can get that ceiling clean enough I'm thinking that I'll add some fiberglass to help it keep it's shape. I've tried different things to get the ceiling clean. I think that it's Liquid Nails over contact cement with a little silicone for flavor on the rough fiberglass. So far scraping has been working the best. Might try a cleaner when I get most of it off, right now it's too thick.
I'm working on cleaning the plexiglass windows
and tried and have liked Novus plastic cleaner products. That thicker glazing bead on the sliders seems like it will be unlikely to find. It does not seem to really seal the window, I'm going to see if I can find a track that will work. Otherwise I'm just going to clean them and put them back in. I got that sample pack at Pelland and the smaller glazing bead for the fixed windows
has a good replacement.