1982 Perris Pacer Renovation - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Oregon
Registry
Fran, I picked up the stainless at a local heating/cooling company here in my town. I would presume any HVAC company would have access to sheet metal of various kinds...

Suger, call PerfectFit directly and ask for "Cabinet Liner." I don't think it shows up on their online catalog.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Fran, I picked up the stainless at a local heating/cooling company here in my town. I would presume any HVAC company would have access to sheet metal of various kinds...

Suger, call PerfectFit directly and ask for "Cabinet Liner." I don't think it shows up on their online catalog.
Robert, could you take some time and help me? I have called perfectfit, and spoke to a salesman "paul", and was not successful in finding 'cabinet liner', he is sending me samples of a marine type carpet(?). Can you give me a product number or id number? I think this product is what I should use, your photos show the look and maintenance I would like to achieve
I have a 83 scamp and the ensolite has bee cut/patched/painted/siliconed to death, i think I want to replace it all. So your craftsmanship begs me to ask, can you give me some information on how you installed it? Did you make a paper pattern? Did you stitch any pieces together? The pieces you indicated as strips, how were the edges finished? It's still cool in east TN, does temperature affect the installation process? Thanks for helping me
suger mc/ east tn scamper

Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Oregon
Registry
Suger,

My rep at PerfectFit/Portland is a guy named Gary: 800 333 5858.

The product as defined on my invoice is: CL-64, Opal Grey Cabinet Liner.

That being said, this stuff is great looking when finished, but is very stiff and does NOT conform to compound curves without a lot of careful measuring and cutting. Again, I am very happy with the results, but it took some time to get it right. I may choose another option next time.

I did use paper patterns, but there's no need to "stitch" them together. 3M Super 90 spray glue holds it tight to the Reflectix insulation. The seams and edges were covered with 1.25" strips and glued into position with contact cement.

RJ
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Oregon
Registry
Howdy,

The PP cabin is nearly complete. All of the carpentry is finished, the water and gas lines are run, the appliances are installed, and the flooring is down. We're just starting making new cushions. What d'ya think?
Attached Thumbnails
GalleyCab.jpg   NuFrigRV.jpg  

CounterTopRV.jpg   CorkDetailRV.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Oregon
Registry
Here are a couple more... (The cushions are on temporary loan from my Scamp.)
Attached Thumbnails
SinkFaucetRV.jpg   ShurFloFanRV.jpg  

Wave3RV.jpg   ConverterRV.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #34

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Nifty!

Are those large drawers in the closet?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #35

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Texas
WOW!!
Robert, that is sooooooo impressive!!!
I hope mine turns out half that nice.

Vicki
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #36

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
Beautiful work, Robert! I am getting some good ideas for cabintry from you. You seem to like piano hinges.

Keep it up!

Fran
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #37

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Words fail me---this is absolutely Award Winning!!! Oh, how I wish we had your skills------------------------
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #38

Name: Lanny
Trailer: Wally Byam Holiday
Georgia
Boy Robert, you really put me to shame! Incredible job! Having done my 86 off frame as well (on a very limited budget) I'm embarrassed to even show mine now!
lanny
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #39

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Seeing what you are doing, you offer a real alternative to buying new! That is impressive, and I just love your design!!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #40

Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
California
Registry
simply stellar work as usual Robert. its apparent how much pride and joy you put into your superb egg mods.

not sure if these are your trade secrets or not (so you dont have to answer ...) but if i might i ask - what type of faucet is that? it is such a focal point!

bravo again on this extraordinary piece of craftsmanship!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #41

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
Robert, great job on the trailer. I'm getting up to the point were I'll be doing the cabinets shortly and had a question. After showing my wife what the upper cabinet door would look like in the up position with hinges at the top of the door, she preferred having them drop down, to not be in her face (she's 6' tall like me). I like how you did yours, as it would save material by using the cut panel. My question is how you got such nice cuts on the doors. I have a circular saw and jig saw, and I usually use the circular saw for these inner cuts. I line up the blade as best I can and cut it near the near the end of the mark, then finish with the jigsaw and sanding. Do you have a different technique or tool to do this? Thanks for any help.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Oregon
Registry
Thank you all. Very kind of you to respond. I'm trying mightily to turn my passion into a viable business. So, feel free to ask questions, or better yet, throw me some work on your next project trailer...

Raya, the PP's new owner wants shelves in the vertical cabinet, rather than a coat hanger. I've just provided a couple doors to access the closet.

Gerda, offering an alternative to new is exactly my business model. Thanks for noticing!

Paul, the faucet is a water spout (just on/off, no hot/cold) I picked up on Amazon.com, sold thru Crystal Clear Supply, Inc.

Danny, each door is surrounded by a face frame that's cut and built separate from the door itself. You may not be able to make out the detail, but a typical frame is comprised of four parts and each corner is put together with a lap joint. Then I cut the doors to fit. As you can see, the frames are surface-mounted to the FG cabinets with SS screws, whereas the doors are mounted to the frame via piano hinge.

Tags
perris pacer