1984 Boler 13' Re-Makeover - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #29

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Nice Flux Capacitor MarkZ. Thank you for the tour. Do you leave the monitor in your tow vehicle or does it pop out when you're not on a trip? Or.... Dare I ask.... Do you have a second camera you leave on the tow vehicle that is turned off by a relay when the aux goes live on the 7 pin (i.e. when the running lights are on, etc). You've got the wheels turning over here now. I'm using relays in my solar set up so the inverter can't be on at the same time as the shore power to the inteli-charger for the 12v. I melted an inverter once because I forgot to unplug one or the other so now the relay will have my back. I'll go browse the wireless backup cameras. Thanks MarkZ.

Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #30

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
It is a separate monitor from the vehicle's backup system. I have thought about your idea but recently invested in a WIFI transmitter that will work with an android tablet. WIFI should have better range and clarity than the RF transmitter I've been using for quite a while now.

I'll install that in the winter.

Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #31

Registry
[QUOTE=Buggeee;655765] I'm using relays in my solar set up so the inverter can't be on at the same time as the shore power to the inteli-charger for the 12v. I melted an inverter once because I forgot to unplug one or the other so now the relay will have my back. /QUOTE]

I'm using a 3way switch for that. My WFCO converter pulls 12vdc from the battery when not plugged in and charging it. Accordingly, I do not have a separate charger line to run a relay off of.
In the up position I bypass the solar completely, in the bottom position I tie in the solar controller between the battery and the controller. The middle position serves as my battery disconnect. I also have a second 2 way switch to cut off the panels from the controller. I located the switches together in the tongue box. I only switch "in" the solar when boondocking.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #32

Name: Huw
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Hi Markz,

That is an amazing Boler! That is exactly what I want to do to my boler, even down to the storage box at the front containing electrical/propane.

Did you modify the frame at all? or is it the standard frame?

Lastly, did you build those shelves yourself?

The boler I got was for $250, completely gutted (minus the cabinet by the side door) so I have to build/do everything from scratch. The positive is, I am starting from scratch, as it's already gutted (minus the insulation/wiring).

I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you for some advice! Like when to do the vent, before I paint the outside/re-insulate the inside?

Again, your Boler looks amazing! It has sparked my fire to get mine finished!
hgwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #33

Registry
Our little USB fan to assist with circulating the A.C.
It works quite well and is a pleasure to sleep with it on in any tempurature. The switch for that 12vdc outlet is located where the factory converter sat.
Attached Thumbnails
20170820_190531.jpg  
Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #34

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgwilliam View Post
Did you modify the frame at all? or is it the standard frame? Lastly, did you build those shelves yourself? ...The boler I got was for $250. When to do the vent, before I paint the outside/re-insulate the inside?
Our Boler frame is factory and in good enough condition that re-framing it can be put off till I'm ready to reimagine the suspension system when I need a new one.

The shelves extend between the factory fiberglass cabinets are held in place with short sections of brake line.

We made them from birch and marine polyurethaned in their natural color. Everything is custom.

I would paint before you put in the roof vent or install any windows... The vent install will not alter your isolation plans as the interior spacer/molding can be trimed as needed.

A gutted $250 Boler is a steal. Congrats on your new blank slate.

Tags
30amp, add a room, air conditioner, baby, backsplash, battery, bed extension, blinds, boler, brakes, bug zapper, bunk beds, cabinets, converter, corian, counter top, electric heater, electrical, ez-up, fantastic, faucet, flooring, fuse panel, hot water, inverter, led lights, locks, microwave, outlet, propane mount, quick disconnect, rear camera, shades, shelves, sink, solar, sterio, stove, tankless, tongue box, usb, vent, water heater, wi-fi, wifi, wiring