1985 Burro 13 recreation/restoration - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #141

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Robert, I was just going back thru all the posts, and Mark used good old Scamp rat fur. Looks nice.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #142

Trailer: 2008 Taylor Coach 17 ft
What a fun read about a great project.
I can't seem to find the cool cat heat pump AC on line. Can someone help?

Cheers, John
John McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #143

Trailer: Burro
I've been looking for this cool cat heat pump AC as well, hopefully someone can point us in the right direction!
Shane O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #144

Name: pat
Trailer: uhaul 13
nj
how hard was it to work with the rat fur?

what brand/color is the wood floor & where did you find it?

awesome job....back to reading....Pat
goosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #145

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
The cool cat heat pump is not listed in any RV parts book. I saw the cool cat A/C in tab campers. I called Holman motors in cincinnati ohio and talked to Cecilia and she found it in a parts catalog and ordered it for me. It was pretty pricey, but well worth it. The rat fur is fairly easy to work with, and very easy to hide the seams. Scap just cuts small slivers of the fur to cover over the seams, but I just butted my seams and brushed them out. Some were hidden better than others, but I got better as I went. The flooring is just engineered hardwood flooring that I purchased from Home Depot, the color was Mahogony. I can't really remember the brand, but it was NOT the cheap stuff, it was the 3/8 thick wood, not the presswood back. If I recall correctly, it was around $95.00 a box and I used 3 boxs. I had plenty left over, but I wanted long pieces and the case comes with assorted lengths. The hardwood floor adds strength to the floor when interlocked, so I wanted to span the main traffic areas in one piece and not use 4-5 pieces to make the span.

Sorry for the delay in responding to you questions, if you need anything, feel free to ask.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #146

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Seems like I saw a Cool Cat in our local Lowe's one time, a couple summers ago. I was surprised. Not sure if they continued to carry them; I go to Lowe's only 4-5 times a year, and go down that aisle even less.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #147

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
The Cool Cat heat pump is not a window air conditioning unit, it is a RV heat pump and A/C unit that requires 12 volt dc current along with 110 ac current to operate. They are not listed on the US Dometic web site, but there is a mention of them in the Australian web site. I had to go through a RV parts dealer to find them. If you can find a T@B trailer at a rv salvage yard, they are better priced than buying one new. The new one cost me around $900.00 plus shipping.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro