1985 Burro 13 recreation/restoration - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #21

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Mark gave me permission to repost his pics a little bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
1985_burro_001.jpg   1985_burro_002.jpg  

1985_burro_003.jpg   1985_burro_004.jpg  

1985_burro_005.jpg   1985_burro_006.jpg  

1985_burro_007.jpg   1985_burro_009.jpg  

1985_burro_010.jpg  
Scott B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Quote:
Mark gave me permission to repost his pics a little bigger.

Thanks for the help Scott.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #23

Registry
Here are a few pictures of the Burro deconstruction of the interior. Starting the rebuild tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
burro.jpg   burro1.jpg  

burro2.jpg   burro4.jpg  

burro5.jpg   burro6.jpg  

burro3.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #24

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Mark, I don't know what your budget is for this interior work, but you might take a look at some of the SMev/Dometic sink/stove combination "hobs." They're very stylish, especially on a design like yours modeled on an Airstream look. They are a little hard to find in the US but there are some companies in NZ and UK that will export. I found mine on US eBay from a store called Tri-state Surplus - Mine is the stove alone, like the one Bud Kennedy posted a few weeks back. There are several different designs with a different burner count and outline. Most of them have smoked glass lids that make them disappear into the counter. They're seen on T@bs and Airstreams.

For resizing your photos, if you are on Windows, you can select one or more pictures, right click and select "Send to eMail Recipient," check "Make my photos smaller," and choose 800x600. Then a new message will open up with your resized pictures attached. Right click on the attachments and save them somewhere, like the Desktop. Then cancel the message.

Regards,

Matt
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #25

Registry
Two sellers have the stove for under $200. That's about half retail!

2 burner SMEV Italian Cooktop, RV, Truck Camper: eBay Motors (item 170358005578 end time Aug-07-10 15:01:14 PDT)

One has a long sink/stove, no cover though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMEV-...ht_3114wt_1198
Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #26

Registry
Matt, I already purchased a SMEV sink with the folding faucet and the 2 burner stove. I am waiting on the counter top to be completed so I can install them. They are individual units, I liked them better as seperate units. Both have the closing dark glass lid and look alot cleaner and modern than the original units. I have attached the pictures of the units I have for the Burro.
Attached Thumbnails
smev.jpg   smevstove.jpg  

smevsink.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #27

Registry
Awesome! You'll be very happy with those! If you get a chance please post a picture of the hardware that secures the stove to the counter - mine came without it, so I need to cobble something together.

Regards,

Matt
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #28

Registry
Here are pictures of my LED taillight installation. They look great!
Attached Thumbnails
burrotail.jpg   burrotail3.jpg  

burrotail6.jpg   burrotail2.jpg  

burrotail4.jpg   burrotail9.jpg  

burrotail8.jpg   burrotail10.jpg  

burrotail11.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #29

Trailer: 1971 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
If you get a chance please post a picture of the hardware that secures the stove to the counter - mine came without it, so I need to cobble something together.
Hi Matt,

I have the exact same units that Mark showed in his pictures. Unfortunately they're already installed so I can't readily get pictures of the hardware. It seems really odd that yours would come without it.

If you look at Mark's pictures you'll see 4 small black screw covers on the edges of each unit. Those pop off to expose a phillips head. When turned clockwise it rotates an L shaped plastic clamp below about 90 degrees and then starts pulling the clamp up to secure the fixture.

Russ
RussL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #30

Wow Mark those are Great I really like the taillight brow. That is going to be one amazing burro when finished!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #31

Registry
Thanks Russ,

Mine came from some RV Liquidator on E-Bay and it was a scratch 'n' dent model with just a little scrape in the glass. It only came with two of the four very thin machine screws with plastic washers under the heads. and no covers or clamps. The rest of the hardware is probably somewhere between California and Michigan.

At least it didn't scrape the glass to heck. I have had that happen once.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #32

Registry
Here are the pictures of the Cool Cat heat pump/ A/C roughed in. It will get trimmed out and the panel installed to finish it off. As you can see, I removed the small refrigerator. I would rather have A/C than the small refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
burrocoolcat.jpg   coolcat1.jpg  

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #33

Registry
I am also using the original refrigerator vents to vent the back of the Cool Cat. They are painted to match the camper color and look WAY better that the gawdy square vent that came with the unit.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #34

Registry
LED puck lights to accent the headliner

Here is a couple of pictures of the LED puck lighting that I installed to accent the headliner and to provide light to the center of the camper. The headliner will be installed this weekend. The cushions came in today and the final touches on the electrical wiring are being done. I should have this Burro-stream wrapped up by the end of next week hopefully!
Attached Thumbnails
led puck lights1.jpg   led puck lights.jpg  

Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Here is a couple of pictures of the LED puck lighting that I installed to accent the headliner and to provide light to the center of the camper. The headliner will be installed this weekend. The cushions came in today and the final touches on the electrical wiring are being done. I should have this Burro-stream wrapped up by the end of next week hopefully!

Mark what is the black running down the length of the area where the headliner will go?

And did you paint the cabinets?? if so can we see more pics of it.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #36

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B. View Post
Mark what is the black running down the length of the area where the headliner will go?

And did you paint the cabinets?? if so can we see more pics of it.
The black is a piece of black plastic corrugated material that I added to shim out for the wiring and also where I will attach the headliner. I am putting the headliner a quarter inch off of the ceiling so that I could have a wire chase. I also needed that depth so that the puck lights will be counter sunk like a can light in your home. The center headliner is going to be gray material to match the cabinets and the exterior paint.

I did paint the cabinets. I am not really too impressed with the way they turned out, but they are getting all trimmed out in wood with wood doors. I am covering the walls also, there are too many screw holes and scratches that would be a pain in the rear to repair for a quality finish.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #37

Registry
Oh, and by the way. It was 98 degrees here today and I worked in the Burro-stream with the Cool Cat running and stayed a cool 70 degrees inside. NICE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #38

Registry
wall covering completed, headliner installed and lighting installed!

I have the supports holding the ceiling together while the construction adhesive dries. Kinda hard to see, but you can get the idea!
Attached Thumbnails
burroheadlinerropelights.jpg   burroheadlinerropelights1.jpg  

burroropelights.jpg   burroropelights1.jpg  

Old 08-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
I have the supports holding the ceiling together while the construction adhesive dries. Kinda hard to see, but you can get the idea!

Looks good, what did you use for the runway lighting? and what is the material you put up do you have a close up of the material?

I didnt get anything done this weekend, as I had to go help my inlaws out and stayed at our cabin, but family is first. Tonight I cleaned the garage and am working on my porch light now.

I hope to get some work done this week, slow but sure, I did get a sheet of glass reinforced plastic this weekend that I plan to use for future floor repair on Burro #2 or some other egg that comes along.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #40

Registry
Scott, I used 12 volt rope lighting. ROPE LIGHTS 35" PAIR CLEAR (2) 12 volt: eBay Motors (item 280540491730 end time Aug-26-10 06:53:23 PDT)

The center headliner material is corrugated plastic with a gray felt with black swirl glued to it. That assembly is then glued to the black strips that you asked about in the earlier pictures. The rope lighting is wired above the center headliner and glued in at the seam where the center headliner and the main ceiling meet.
I worked on the Burro all weekend trying to get it done. It was great bike riding weather here, and the Harley just sat in the garage.<_<

Tags
burro