1988 Scamp renovations - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #1

Name: Chad
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
1988 Scamp renovations

Hello folks, nearly two months ago my partner and I purchased a 1988 Scamp. We're both filmmakers, and we're planning our dream film screening tour for the fall 2015... and a Scamp is an important part of that dream. We're going to start in the northeast and head West to the PNW and the loop around and travel southern route back home to North Carolina. We are stoked!

The Scamp we found had already been restored (mostly). The PO had done a lot of the dirtier work (scrubbing moldy ensolite,etc), and of course they did some things and cut some corners that I just couldn't believe. So what I thought was going to be a pretty simple "cosmetic" renovation turned into a a full on project - taking everything out but the front bench, replacing stainless steel bolts (that they had bondoed and painted over from the outside), ripping out a shoddy vinyl headliner, the list goes on and on. It has been an amazing learning process, and I want to thank you all in this forum because I couldn't be doing this without your all's insight and information. Many thanks!

We are near the end of the process (I just put in flooring last night), but I wanted to share our blog so you can see our process (although the blog is a few weeks behind the actual renovation). Again, thanks so much!

The Great American Scamper

Chad
ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #2

Name: AyoLane
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Hello my name is AyoLane Halusky
Scamp looks great, you guys did a lot of work. I saw you will be driving through Florida on your US tour. I am a Naturalist for St. Augustine, St. Johns County Parks and Recreation as well as a Scamp owner (1981). Let me know if you are interested in stopping is our area there is a lot to see and kayaking to be experienced. I bring folks into the wild areas and teach about the natural world. I am interested in learning more about the purpose of your journey and would be happy to assist you in your travels. look me up a few weeks before you pas through. my email. ahalusky@sjcfl.us and number 904-477-5669.
AyoLane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp