I gutted my wiring on my Burro
. I am particular on electrical
and hated the rat's nest that existed in mine. So, I started from scratch. After a lot of research on this and other forums I decided on the PD4045. Others were so happy with theirs that I figured I would be fine.
The first thing I did when my 4045 arrived was to ring out the wires and label them with wire markers. Markers are small adhesive strips with numbers on them. This way when I installed my circuits I would just write the number down and know what circuit it went on.
I used most of the circuits. I mapped out my electric and am assuming I will not be adding more circuits. I broke my circuits down into zones on my Burro
. I know it is a small area but this helps in a couple ways. First if I blow a fuse in the rear lights
and all my lights
are on one circuit then I am in total darkness. So, I put the front lights
on a different circuit than the rear.
Second if I have a problem on a circuit by way of it blowing fuses I have fewer places to check to find the problem.
I also used 3/8 pex water supply pipe as conduit. I hated when I would put things in my little cubby holes and they would come in contact with the trailer wires. I used two sided tape that they use to hold outside rear view mirrors on and some plastic clips to hold my pex. It worked out great as the 3/8 is very flexible and it went around the curves in the body without any trouble.
I also ordered all new LED lights
off Ebay. Total draw on a double light
is .3 watts.
I am right now in the process of getting the 12v supply back to the converter. I have the AC supply in. I replaced the ac side with a new Marinco Plug that screws on. When I pulling the old cable out it ripped the cover right off the Burro
. I am at lunch now. When I get home tonight I will post some pics.