2 chrome pipes for Dinette Table? NO MORE! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2003 Honda Odyssey
2 chrome pipes for Dinette Table? NO MORE!

That bothersome, clumsy, awkward, noisy mounting for my Dinette is no more!
The magic device shown here:

V-40 - SNAP 2 Folding Table Base

is now installed in my 1993 Bigfoot 17 and works like a champ. I cleaned up the screw holes and marks from the pipe mounts, got rid of the small slider under that Dinette Table/bed that raised it to Kiddie height, and installed the unit and it fit perfectly. That being said, the quality control was a bit off with the V-40 SNAP 2 Folding Table Base, which didn't allow the spring loaded latching knob to lock properly in the up position. A few minutes with a Dremel tool and the notch was ground to fit the latch pin.
No longer is my chin near the soup and I can eat at normal table height.
No more are there clunky pipes underneath the bed and the lifting and fiddling to get them to sit in the holes putting it together are gone.
I can even take the table outside if I want.
A great simple Modification. In my case, in Florida, the price came to $103 with shipping. A bargain in my mind.
Mike .....>
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Good choice
I have used a set of these in my Boler for the past 3 years, put one in my Casita and just had the same system installed in our new Escape. As you probably have figured I love these.

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #3

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
That looks quick and easy to set up and take down�� thanks,
Cathy
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #4

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
That looks great. Can you adjust it for different heights?

I'd really like to find something that would switch from bed mode, to dining table height, to somewhere in between for working at a laptop.
Does anyone have any experience with something like this:
3-Stage Table Pedestal - Black Anodized Finish - Springfield Marine 1660230-BLK - Tables - Camping World
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

I'd really like to find something that would switch from bed mode, to dining table height, to somewhere in between for working at a laptop.
3-Stage Table Pedestal - Black Anodized Finish - Springfield Marine 1660230-BLK - Tables - Camping World
Although this makes raising and lowing the 36"x36" table in my Boler a simple one hand operations there is No "half way" setting, the table is either up or down. The advantage is that since the table is free standing you can take the table outside to use it if needed.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #6

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Whew! Not at that price.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #7

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
The V-40 looks good, but If taking it outside is the main advantage, I can't see it being worthwhile. Also I currently have an Add-A-Drawer mounted under my dinette table and I'd have to get rid of it.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #8

Name: Samuel
Trailer: Burro
New York
Does anyone know if this holds any weight in the down position? I was trying to come up with some "T-berth" (i.e. a bigger bed that extends between the sink and closet) and was wondering if having a tabletop that folds in half would be a solution. I would drop the table, pull it out into the space, then unfold it into the weight-supporting channels between the seats. That would mean the lowered table would need to support feet while sleeping but also more while getting into bed.

'79 Burro, Rochester NY
samuelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #9

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
We installed the Springfield Marine pedestal mentioned above, and it's the most useful mod we've done. I love that the table can now swivel 360 degrees as well as raise or lower anywhere from 13" to 28". Much nicer than those dang poles.

Yes, it was pricey (271.99 on Overtons) but for us the improvement of the seating/dining area was worth it.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1435202887.158607.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	85794Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1435202910.175183.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	85795Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1435202931.958282.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	85796

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Whew! Not at that price.

Walt
I am with Walt, after looking at the pictures posted and the link it looks like it could be fabricated for well under $100
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I find that the factory original system works great. If was any better it would move from table to bed and back by itself. It almost does that now. A little lubrication does wonders.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I find that the factory original system works great. If was any better it would move from table to bed and back by itself. It almost does that now. A little lubrication does wonders.

I just wish the previous owners had left it! Now I need to find an alternative

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Wrestlerchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #13

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:

Whew... that is expensive!

I have a really great utility table with adjustable legs. It can go from counter height down to very low. It has 3 possible heights. This one came from Costco and was around $49. I just went through their website and don't see it now, but there's something similar at Amazon:

Amazon.com: Lifetime 4428 Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table, 48 by 24 Inches, White Granite: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Because of that counter height, these are really great for camping/bartending/cooking outside. Because of the adjustable height, they're also great for eating, card playing, sewing, and/or lap topping.

So, I wonder two things.

1. Would this work inside the trailer to just replace the table? (If you need to keep the option to sleep at that dinette spot, you'd still have to keep/store that original table though)

2. OR, could the hardware be removed and adapted to your own table of choice? Depends, I think on how handy you might be.

Considering the cost of shipping the other adjustable legs, this might be a more economical alternative. Just something to chew on!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:11 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlerchic View Post
I just wish the previous owners had left it! Now I need to find an alternative
What brand of all-molded-towable do you own? Your profile is pretty sparse. If it's a Scamp, everything is available at their store.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #15

Name: Sue
Trailer: In market
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
We installed the Springfield Marine pedestal mentioned above, and it's the most useful mod we've done. I love that the table can now swivel 360 degrees as well as raise or lower anywhere from 13" to 28". Much nicer than those dang poles.

Yes, it was pricey (271.99 on Overtons) but for us the improvement of the seating/dining area was worth it.Attachment 85794Attachment 85795Attachment 85796

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
I saw this post which I know is old. But do you have the exact model of the table base this is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the help.
Suer is offline   Reply With Quote