2007 13' Scamp Mods - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 84 Scamp 13 ft
2007 13' Scamp Mods

Some shots of changes that tailor-make our Scamp for us...

Picasa Web Albums - pinney53 - Drop Box
jefflynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Absolutely brilliant!!!

I will be doing your shortened dinette mod, and could you tell me more how you did the shelf over the front bunk?

And that cute little table in the front (cuz I want to leave my bed in back most of the time) Does the footing stay there on the floor all the time, or can it be moved out of the way??

You should be very proud of you work---great ideas, and very neatly done!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Very nice!! How many hours do you thinik you spent on doing the inside?
barryra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Absolutely brilliant!!!

I will be doing your shortened dinette mod, and could you tell me more how you did the shelf over the front bunk?

And that cute little table in the front (cuz I want to leave my bed in back most of the time) Does the footing stay there on the floor all the time, or can it be moved out of the way??

You should be very proud of you work---great ideas, and very neatly done!!
Brilliant you say? Hard to top that. About the microwave table (which is why all the holes were drilled in it originally, microwave was bolted in place). Have added (5) additional pics of the table to the picture album. Top is 1/2 plywood as well as the smaller bottom base. Legs are 3/4" X 2" pine and a bent piece of 1/16" thick metal strap fastens it to the wooden rail for the top bunk. Table top size started at 28-1/2" X 18"..use a piece of cardboard to make a template for the curve until you get it perfect to the trailer side-wall. The bottom base stays with the table so it removes quite quickly..screws go up through the bottom base and into the bottom end of legs for most of the support. The pics should explain it better than words I suppose. Yes..we have been leaving the base to the single-leg table screwed to the floor...location does not seem to be a trip-hazard so far and the fridge door clears it well. Of course the fridge door will only open couple inches when table leg is in...we live with that and the table just pulls straight up to remove entire table and leg from the base. Hope this helps. Happy camping.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryra View Post
Very nice!! How many hours do you thinik you spent on doing the inside?
Hi there, thanks for the compliment. I have to say I honestly don't keep track of hours spent on jobs like this....I am retired and have only distant memories of anything being on a time basis. A little more seriously though, it would simply depend on which project and how skilled you are I suppose. I do one mod at a time and don't think about all of them at once.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks for the info and pics! I took my bunk out, too, so I have the ledge, etc.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp