3 way fridge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
3 way fridge

I would like some input on what type of fridge would be the best bang for my buck? I have a 13' boler with an under counter fridge. I stopped in at a local R.V. dealer in Calgary Canada, they quoted me approx $1100 for just the fridge. Is there an online dealer that will ship to Canada that anyone has used? Is there a better store that i could find a fridge at rather then the parts counter @ an r.v. shop? What Make would you recommend

thanks
eriksob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Erik, you may want to read this post by Robert Johans and look at the pictures!
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post228742 I don't know if that particular brand is available in Canada tho.... Google may help!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I've seen fairly clean slide-in style truck campers go for almost nothing.... often thought that when Mine goes, I might go get one for any of the parts I can salvage and then trash the shell or give it to an Ice fisherman that I know to use as a shack.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
eriksob:

We have a Dometic RM 2193 in our trailer. It is a small 1.9 cu ft three way fridge suitable for a 13 foot trailer. We have one, and are reasonably happy with it. It came with our trailer.

Have a look at this link: Dometic RM2193 RM 2193 1.9 cu. ft. Refrigerator

They show a price of US$456. They are in Indiana.

Brian
Old 11-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
That seems a tad high! Try calling a few more shops. There are a few cheaper ones listed in the FraserWay RV parts list from their website and they have a shop in Calgary:

GO-RV.com - RV On-line Catalog

Camping World is another option:
Dometic Corp - Dometic RM2193 Compact Refrigerator - Refrigerators - Camping World
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
That seems a tad high! Try calling a few more shops. There are a few cheaper ones listed in the FraserWay RV parts list from their website and they have a shop in Calgary:

GO-RV.com - RV On-line Catalog

Camping World is another option:
Dometic Corp - Dometic RM2193 Compact Refrigerator - Refrigerators - Camping World

Sadly, I think the price Brian found is very competitive for a 3-way. But do check your shipping cost, because they hit you for that at some places, to the tune of $75 to $100. There are really only two players, Dometic and Norcold, and just one or possibly two models in each brand that could be made to fit the dorm size fridge area in most campers, unless you have a 5th wheel, wide body, 19ft Escape or something.

Regards,
Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Question

Perhaps you would be better off with an RV fridge specialty company. Perhaps you might also be interested in a reconditioned used fridge as well? There is no reason why it must necessarily be new, is there?

When I was looking to fix my old 1974 fridge, I went to the local RV fridge shop (Cool It RV) in Edmonton for parts. They had piles of used fridges of all sizes and prices, and I thought at the time that it could be an option. However, I didn’t need a replacement fridge then.

I would be surprised if there was not a similar shop in Calgary. There are also a couple of trailer wreckers in northern Alberta, but they don't actually recondition the parts.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #8

Trailer: Trillium
re: 3 way fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksob View Post
I would like some input on what type of fridge would be the best bang for my buck? I have a 13' boler with an under counter fridge. I stopped in at a local R.V. dealer in Calgary Canada, they quoted me approx $1100 for just the fridge. Is there an online dealer that will ship to Canada that anyone has used? Is there a better store that i could find a fridge at rather then the parts counter @ an r.v. shop? What Make would you recommend

thanks
You might get a better deal at Team Trillium over in Rockyview on the East side of Calgary. Their price on the 2193 was around $100.00 less than I was quoted in Grande Prairie. I ended up buying a Nova Kool 12 v fridge from them at a reasonable price as it was larger than the 2193. They may be worth a look.

Dave
Dave Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge