550 paracord does everything - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #1

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
550 paracord does everything

Thanks to Ted aka Papa-T for giving me some free curtains. They came in the mail today and on my uhaul I did only had a few of the curtain wires. I decided to use paracord. I attached a washer on the cord and it worked awesome. Here are some pics. On the door the curtain was not long enough so I attached some paracord to hang hand towels on or whatever else. Once again I love paracord.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3779965242.jpg   image-2943014363.jpg  

image-360844440.jpg   image-3371992942.jpg  

image-2779831214.jpg  
uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Just about everything! I keep a few spools of it around in different colors. I look for 7-strand, think the last place I bought from was on ebay guy was in NC. I've used it for antennas, tarps, lanyards, bracelets, slings, belts, curtain hanging, covering handles, and even once or twice, tying things down!

I like to put paracord whipping on metal handles/grips, better when wet and cold. I have my hiking poles covered, they're quieter and more comfortable to hold, plus there's a few feet of cord if I need it. Also if you pull the inside strands out, you can use them for smaller string. Use the "gutted" shell for keeper cords on things like whistles, compasses, etc.

One of these days I'll have to post a video from my "camera zipline" made from 550 cord, a clothesline spacer and some hardware.

For even crazier applications, there's Amsteel Blue. The 1/8" cord is rated at 2,500 lbs. with almost no stretch. 100' of it weighs about 8 oz. and it floats! Not cheap, but in the right situation it's worth it.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote