Good afternoon, some of you may have seen the before pictures of my 72 Boler
American from Wichita Kansas. It was a sad sight when I picked him up in Iowa back in February. The original Gel coat was chalking the cushions were brittle the curtains were shriveled and moldy the seam the tape was yellow and separating and the darn thing leaked and the door didnít come close to fitting.
Here we are 6 months later door fits all rivets drilled and replaced with stainless steel machine bolts and nuts and plastic caps. The roof vent has been replaced with a fantastic fan. The wiring for the 12 volts has been updated with fuses and terminal blocks. The old trashed out furnace
has been removed and will be replaced someday with something far better.
on the outside, new door wind lace, new door seals and new front and back glass rubbers. And new wheel bearings, races and tires
I have taken a 5000 BTU window a/c and made duct work that will pipe cold air in thru the old furnace
exhaust, and draw air from the window over the stove. I didnít want to drill or cut any new holes in the body so I made do with what was there. It still needs some refinement but itís a start.
Tomorrow the Boler
Logos get painted. Then I am off on my first long trip with her, and the new awning
will go up, a/c will be set in place and I will have a comfortable place to lay my head each day.
Itís been an expensive project and yet itís nearing completion. Or close letís say as they never are really finished. The laminate floor you see in the photos is what I did 2 weeks ago and it looks great yet it added 75Lbs to the animal. Maybe not the best move on my part.
If you have questions I will try and answer thank you for looking.
If you would like you may see the before and after photos click on the following link in yahoo.
Again Thanks for all the pointers I have seen here.