74’ Perris Pacer Reno - Dining Table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #1

Name: Frederick
Trailer: 1974 Perris Valley Pacer
California
74’ Perris Pacer Reno - Dining Table

Hi Everyone

I’m installing the dining table after replacing the floor. I can’t remember if the screws/bolts holding the table base to the floor just screw to the floor board or pass all the way through to secure with but from underneath. I guess I could start by just screwing it and if the fasteners pull out I could bolt through. Any insight from Pacer owners or other trailers that use the table leg base Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1574285560.031071.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	132331would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Frederick
Fredomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #2

Name: patrick
Trailer: perris pacer
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredomatic View Post
Hi Everyone

I’m installing the dining table after replacing the floor. I can’t remember if the screws/bolts holding the table base to the floor just screw to the floor board or pass all the way through to secure with but from underneath. I guess I could start by just screwing it and if the fasteners pull out I could bolt through. Any insight from Pacer owners or other trailers that use the table leg base Attachment 132331would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Frederick

Hey Fred
If I look under ours where the table would be there is a circular rivet pattern right there. But I would imagine if you put down a substantial floor (plywood) you could go right to that.
Where did you get your table vase by the way? We are in the middle of renovating a 1974.
Oldskater68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
SS Screws

I just used some hefty, stainless steel screws into the vinyl sheeting-covered plywood subfloor, and it's still firm years later.

Forgot to say I got my table base on Amazon or Ebay. (Can't recall;it's been a while!)

Fran
Compact II 1974
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #4

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskater68 View Post
Hey Fred
If I look under ours where the table would be there is a circular rivet pattern right there. But I would imagine if you put down a substantial floor (plywood) you could go right to that.
Where did you get your table vase by the way? We are in the middle of renovating a 1974.

Oldskater

If you have rivets, I think they most likely went through to the underside. The Pacer has a plywood floor plus I added composite cork on top. I’m going to try using screws first then change it if it’s weak.

I’m reusing one of the original bases, made locally in Santa Ana. The other cracked. I purchased a similar set online. I have a couple of extras if you want them. PM me your info.

Is your 74’ a Pacer?

F
Old 11-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
I just used some hefty, stainless steel screws into the vinyl sheeting-covered plywood subfloor, and it's still firm years later.

Fran

Compact II 1974

Thanks Fran! That’s what I’ll do. Cheers
Old 11-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #6

Name: patrick
Trailer: perris pacer
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredomatic View Post
Oldskater

I’m reusing one of the original bases, made locally in Santa Ana. The other cracked. I purchased a similar set online. I have a couple of extras if you want them. PM me your info.

Is your 74’ a Pacer?

F
Fred
Thank you for the offer of the table base. We are a long way away from that .
It is a Pacer. And there is something unique about it I have noticed. It has a “minit” symbol on it by the door.
Oldskater68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer